The Student Room Group

Doctorate

Hey everyone I'm Sadie. I will be studying Psychology counselling in October this year and once I finish the course I will be 25. My aim is to then study a doctorate I just want to hear from people who have studied or who are studying a doctorate and how do you finance it? I've used student finance England for my access course and for this Psychology counselling course and I'm not sure what my options are. Would really appreciate any help or advice. Thank you
You might want to be a bit more specific to get useful help. What kind of doctorate do you mean, clinical psychology?
Reply 2
Reply 3
@bbashy there is a more useful reply on the other threads if you go on my page it should say where I've posted this elsewhere on the website and people have answered and been helpful
Reply 4
Reply 5
Original post by Sadielicious
Hey everyone I'm Sadie. I will be studying Psychology counselling in October this year and once I finish the course I will be 25. My aim is to then study a doctorate I just want to hear from people who have studied or who are studying a doctorate and how do you finance it? I've used student finance England for my access course and for this Psychology counselling course and I'm not sure what my options are. Would really appreciate any help or advice. Thank you

Most of the scholarships are given by the ESRC.
http://www.esrc.ac.uk/
Wealthy unis also have internal funding.

You usually have to apply by the January deadline. Competition is fierce.

Quick Reply

Latest