The Student Room Group

TOP5 management undergraduate courses?

Hello,

what is you opinion on question in title?

Oxford, LSE, StA, Warwick, Bath? Just wondering.

Thank you for responses)
For Management, Oxford and LSE is in a group of their own, after which there are many which would almost equally qualified to be in 3rd-5th places.
Reply 2
Original post by GandalfWhite
For Management, Oxford and LSE is in a group of their own, after which there are many which would almost equally qualified to be in 3rd-5th places.

Thank you for answer, but I guess you can not have only management degree at Oxford..
Interesting thing for me is that St Andrews course has higher entry tarif then LSE ones.
Original post by taeht
Thank you for answer, but I guess you can not have only management degree at Oxford..
Interesting thing for me is that St Andrews course has higher entry tarif then LSE ones.

You cannot depend only on the tariff as an indication of the quality of the course. LSE is one of the most competitive university in UK. Apart from Oxbridge, it is the most competitive. The tariff is probably set to ensure that they get the right kind of students with the right subject combination. A higher percentage of students can score A* in quantitative subjects compared to qualitative subjects which is more difficult to get high marks. Since LSE prefers a more eclectic combination of subjects for Management, it has to recognize that such targeted students are less likely to ALL score A or A* in their qualitative subjects. After saying that, many of their offer holders do have very high grades. The seemingly lower tariff may just be to attract others who may not have the high grades but nevertheless have the right aptitude for the course. That's my opinion.

And, you cannot depend on just league tables, let alone just one or two league tables. LSE reputation is better than St Andrews, even in USA or Europe where it is popular.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending