The Student Room Group
Students at University of Huddersfield
University of Huddersfield
Huddersfield
Visit website

What can you tell me about fashion at Huddersfield, as well as living there?

Im looking at courses to apply to there, plus it looks super cool on the website, is it worth looking into?
http://www.hud.ac.uk/courses/full-time/fashion-design-fashion-design-with-marketing--production-ba-hons/
what fashion courses are the best/did you enjoy?
whats the community like?
Reply 1
Original post by laura0
I'The location and accommodation were big drawbacks for me as I ideally want to be living in a city rather than a large town (mostly for part-time job prospects) and for the first year, the only choice of non-private accommodation is limited to one student village miles away from the campus. Everyone I've spoken to says they didn't mind the accommodation but I don't think I'd enjoy being there personally.

Good luck with your application!

There is lots of student accommodation and not that much different in price to Storthes and Ashenhurs. Firth Point, Snow Island and Saw Mill, The Castings, Aspley House and Little Aspley are all within a 5 min walk to the uni and they are very popular with first years.
😊
Students at University of Huddersfield
University of Huddersfield
Huddersfield
Visit website
Hi,
I have just finished my first year studying Fashion and Textile Buying Management. The course size was absolutely ideal for me, I felt really secure, made some amazing friends and got really good grades. Huddersfield is a huge town, there is loads of food, clubs and bars in and around Huddersfield. Plus Leeds and Manchester is a short train ride away so you can have the city life also.

Definitely look into Huddersfield, amazing support and campus. Look around and see how you feel, I think everyone knows when they go to the University that they love that's where they should be.

Hope this helps and good luck :-)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending