The Student Room Group

PHYSICS BSc at UCL or University of Birmingham? (2016 entry)

I'm a Y12 student and I'm doing the following A levels: Further Mathematics, Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry. The entry requirement for physics in UCL is AAA and in Birmingham is A*AA. I think I'll be able to meet the entry requirements for both unis, but which is one is the best for physics? I really like the courses of both unis. I know that UCL has a better reputation as a uni, but I think Birmingham has a better physics department. Also, London has more expensive accommodation. Which one should I put as my firm choice? What's your opinion? :smile:
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by StaKon
I'm a Y12 student and I'm doing the following A levels: Further Mathematics, Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry. The entry requirement for physics in UCL is AAA and in Birmingham is A*AA. I think I'll be able to meet the entry requirements for both unis, but which is one is the best for physics? I really like the courses of both unis. I know that UCL has a better reputation as a uni, but I think Birmingham has a better physics department. Also, London has more expensive accommodation. Which one should I put as my firm choice? What's your opinion? :smile:

Birmingham is cheaper and multi-cultural.The university is excellent and you will not have a single boring moment.UCL is good and probably both have accomadation scholarships.IMO birmingham if you want to experience many cultures and UCL If you are a quiet and introvert person
Original post by jontyfernz
Birmingham is cheaper and multi-cultural.The university is excellent and you will not have a single boring moment.UCL is good and probably both have accomadation scholarships.IMO birmingham if you want to experience many cultures and UCL If you are a quiet and introvert person

I think London is much more multi-cultural than anywhere in UK, including Birmingham....

Not quite sure why OP posted the question in Cambridge forum tho....:tongue:
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by vincrows
I think London is much more multi-cultural than anywhere in UK, including Birmingham....

Yeah but birmingham has people from all walks of life from different countries.Whereas in London its the people who earn more
Yeah but birmingham has people from all walks of life from different countries.Whereas in London its the people who earn more

Obviously you don't know anything about London. :wink:
Obviously you don't know anything about London. :wink:

Coz i've not yet moved to UK
Coz i've not yet moved to UK

So what made you think you're in the right position to advice OP then?
And this is not the first time you posted inappropriate advice on something you obviously do not know. What do you keep on doing that for? You are not helping anyone but spreading wrong information and misleading someone who's genuinely looking for correct information. Hope you stop doing it.
(edited 8 years ago)
So what made you think you're in the right position to advice OP then?
And this is not the first time you posted inappropriate advice on something you obviously do not know. What do you keep on doing that for? You are not helping anyone but spreading wrong information and misleading someone who's genuinely looking for correct information. Hope you stop doing it.

I'm just trying to help.Sorry though
I'm just trying to help.Sorry though

Then do it only on the topic you are sure you actually know. Do not make up a false info on something you don't. You are not helping anyone with wrong info.
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending