The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Schrödingers Cat
Ah right that makes sense

Yes haha. I am a virgin myself, and choosing to wait until someone special. Probs that's why I understand those who want to wait until marriage because they're a little similar.
Original post by Novascope
Yes haha. I am a virgin myself, and choosing to wait until someone special. Probs that's why I understand those who want to wait until marriage because they're a little similar.

Yeah I was the same :smile:
I chose to identify as a woman for the purposes of this poll
Where's the option for people who are virgins and in relationships?
Reply 64
Original post by ChickenMadness
I chose to identify as a woman for the purposes of this poll

Twit. :tongue:
Virgin and will remain so until marriage :smile:
So if you sign up for Virgin but you're not a virgin are you a virgin or just a virgin customer?!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 67
See that's ignorance again. Sex and how you lose your virginity does NOT have to be the same as other people. Whether you want to lose it to some random guy at a club, a boyfriend of many years, or a husband that's entirely down to a person and there's nothing stupid about the way someone chooses to lose their virginity.

Agreed. It's people's choice and I don't agree with it but I wouldn't label it as stupid as I'm sure they have their reasons. I don't understand why someone else's lifestyle choices upset others so much :dontknow:

Original post by mjrd
Sorry but yes no sex before marriage IS stupid, its 2015 not 1900's!

Original post by Schrödingers Cat
It's pretty dumb to be fair

Sorry but it's you two who come across as stupid. All you did so far was just label someone's PERSONAL choice as 'dumb' just because YOU happen to disagree with it. That's the definition of stupidity.
Reply 68
Original post by queen-bee
sorry I am not but I'm sure Jesus can forgive thee

Aren't you supposed to be a Muslim? Or do you just cherry-pick everything?
:yes:
Original post by 156
Unless they are married, they'd better be virgins

Corinthians 6:18

"Flee fornication. Every sin that a man doeth is without the body; but he that committeth fornication sinneth against his own body."

PRSOM !!!
'I have only fornicated with women.' - how ****ing heterocentric are you?
This thread makes my eyes hurt.

Virginity is nothing. It is not a thing. You don't "lose" anything when you have sex, it is a natural act.

Virginity is a social concept, you have not lost anything, you have simply done something new. You've made your SEXUAL DEBUT. Why is it that sex is such a major part of society and defines who people are?! Every mammal can have sex, it doesn't make us special so why people make pledges before marriage is completely beyond me.

If you believe a girl is tainted because she is not a "virgin" then take a look at men. Sex is a two way act, both a man and a woman take part in it, so if women are tainted, so are men. If men aren't tainted, then surely it's their being and hands that have made women tainted???

I hope I just broke down the stupid argument that having sex is a shameful act for WOMEN.

It is NATURAL. You get pleasure out of it and can make babies from it. Why deprive yourself from a natural act? It's part of human needs and being a "virgin" doesn't make you a saint and being a "non-virgin" doesn't make you a sinner. It's not a thing you can "save"!!! It doesn't define who you are so don't let it!!!

I don't understand how people still believe in such an outdated concept. It only emphasises the objectification of women, that once they are sexually active, they are 'different', 'touched' and 'unpure'.

Have as much sex as you want, just be safe about it.
Reply 73
Original post by LouN1997
This thread makes my eyes hurt.

Virginity is nothing. It is not a thing. You don't "lose" anything when you have sex, it is a natural act.

Virginity is a social concept, you have not lost anything, you have simply done something new. You've made your SEXUAL DEBUT. Why is it that sex is such a major part of society and defines who people are?! Every mammal can have sex, it doesn't make us special so why people make pledges before marriage is completely beyond me.

If you believe a girl is tainted because she is not a "virgin" then take a look at men. Sex is a two way act, both a man and a woman take part in it, so if women are tainted, so are men. If men aren't tainted, then surely it's their being and hands that have made women tainted???

I hope I just broke down the stupid argument that having sex is a shameful act for WOMEN.

It is NATURAL. You get pleasure out of it and can make babies from it. Why deprive yourself from a natural act? It's part of human needs and being a "virgin" doesn't make you a saint and being a "non-virgin" doesn't make you a sinner. It's not a thing you can "save"!!! It doesn't define who you are so don't let it!!!

I don't understand how people still believe in such an outdated concept. It only emphasises the objectification of women, that once they are sexually active, they are 'different', 'touched' and 'unpure'.

Have as much sex as you want, just be safe about it.

Run out of reps for the day, but this was amazingly put.
Original post by ninuzu
Aren't you supposed to be a Muslim? Or do you just cherry-pick everything?

I'm supposed to be a Muslim?! Since when?
Original post by ninuzu

Sorry but it's you two who come across as stupid. All you did so far was just label someone's PERSONAL choice as 'dumb' just because YOU happen to disagree with it. That's the definition of stupidity.

The concept that when you're married you can suddenly have sex and it's ok IS stupid.

Marriage is just an event like a birthday
Original post by 41b
My previous thread,
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3296051, found that a majority of men would prefer to marry a virgin.

I am curious as to how many women are virgins. I expect an extremely small number.

Them blokes do realise that marrying a virgin would require the man to also be abstinent for the enter relationship prior to marriage (which could be years) as well!
Reply 77
Beliefs about sex shouldn't change because marriage has changed today. Lol I don't understand why people think it's "stupid" to want to save yourself for someone you love and plan on spending the rest of your life with. To some people sharing "firsts" with your husband or wife is special. I fail to see whats stupid about that?

It's because of the sex*slut*liberation. Everyone feels free to fornicate as much as they want because in the western world we satisfy our animalistic drives cuz YOLO :h:
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by LenaSim
It's because of the sex*slut*liberation. Everyone feels free to fornicate as much as they want because in the western world we satisfy out animalistic drives cuz YOLO :h:

Don't blame YOLO, it's an effective drive and good way of traction if you use it correctly, which most people don't

Posted from TSR Mobile
Virginity is overrated imo

Latest

Trending

Trending