The Student Room Group

:) Decorating my bedroom :)

I am moving houses soon and I am super lucky to have a large room with an en suite and walk in wardrobe.

But, the problem is, where I currently live, i have a medium sized room that my mum decorated when i was like 8 !
I want my new bedroom/bathroom to look amazing and unique but i'm having no luck at all with designs i can go by :frown:(

Also, i'm very study orientated so my bedroom is pretty much where i study all the time so i'd need a desk and handy book storage but at the same time i want my bedroom to be where i can relax - Can you please give me advice as to where i should start with this whole process shizzle and upload any pictures you like or of your bedroom if it's suitable thank you :wink:
Original post by xGCSE_Studentx
I am moving houses soon and I am super lucky to have a large room with an en suite and walk in wardrobe.

But, the problem is, where I currently live, i have a medium sized room that my mum decorated when i was like 8 !
I want my new bedroom/bathroom to look amazing and unique but i'm having no luck at all with designs i can go by :frown:(

Also, i'm very study orientated so my bedroom is pretty much where i study all the time so i'd need a desk and handy book storage but at the same time i want my bedroom to be where i can relax - Can you please give me advice as to where i should start with this whole process shizzle and upload any pictures you like or of your bedroom if it's suitable thank you :wink:

Why don't you take a look at show rooms from places like idea, littlewoods etc. Just places that sell furniture and decorating stuff. Should give you plenty of ideas
Reply 2
Make your bedroom the bedroom and the walk in wardrobe a study. At least that is what I would do. Keeps the work in one place and a separate room to relax in. Start there. Then pick some colours for the walls and finally furniture and other little things to finish it off.
have a look on places like pinterest and even youtube can be good. Maybe jot down some colours you like or a general theme. Do you want loads of ornaments or furnishings and a colour scheme? or do you want it really minimalist?

Check out a website called Houzz- it's wonderful and has some great inspiration.

IKEA for bookshelves just because nothing beats that.

If money is less of an issue: http://www.nordesign.co.uk/shop/Furniture/Desks_and_console_tables

If money isn't really an issue at all: http://www.aram.co.uk/

though there's some really nice desks and low shelves on ARAM...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending