The Student Room Group

Drama School Auditions

Sooo many many people are going to audition for the limited places in our countries top drama schools.

If you, like me, happen to be one of them...how are you getting on?
Have you picked all your monologues and sorted song choices?
Or are you a stressed wee chicken with no head?
Has anyone had any major auditions yet, and if so how'd it go?

XxX J
Reply 1
heya, i've had a few major auditions:

had central, gsa, lamda, mountview! but got through the day but was not asked for another recall :frown: its a cut troat business honey! i also had audition for bath spa, whichis lovely! i got audition at liverpool hope, lipa, salford, and ljmu, couldnt go to any but am going to ljmu and guildhall next month :smile: might see you there!

i felt very uncomfortable at central and mountivew but felt so welcome at gsa and lamda was oki. Bath was just simply amaxing! but ljmu is my top place, socant wait to go bk there to audition :biggrin:

good luck though

love ally x
Reply 2
I went to an audition at LIPA, and I absoutely loved it. Very hard though, as are they all. Be prepared for rejections. I didn't get a call-back at LIPA, but got an offer for an audition on their diploma so it meant I was just outside the 12 people they recalled.

I had one for Central, but decided not to go because I haven't heard very good things about them. I am now going to uni to do a drama course, but I could still go and do a post-graduate at a drama school if I want aferwards.

Remember this: To get auditions at these places you have done well. When I went LIPA 4,000 people applied, only about 1,000 got auditions. It will be similar at the other drama schools. So if you have got auditions, you have done well already, and if you get rejected then don't be too downhearted. The chief lecturer at Salford told us that you are seen as no more than a piece of meat in the industry and have to face upto that fact.

GOOD LUCK ANYWAY!:biggrin:
Reply 3
So far, my auditions/interviews have gone well. that said ive only been to one at Central for Performance Arts and subsequently got an offer a week later.

The hardcore ones are comming up though, between the 17th to the 25th of Feb im doing RADA, London Drama Centre, and Exeter....ugh.

Still trying to plan travel dates so as to get to RSAMD in Glasgow. Its kinda hard when one is living abroad and you get such short notice to get your arse over to the UK lol.
Original post by JWHM
So far, my auditions/interviews have gone well. that said ive only been to one at Central for Performance Arts and subsequently got an offer a week later.

The hardcore ones are comming up though, between the 17th to the 25th of Feb im doing RADA, London Drama Centre, and Exeter....ugh.

Still trying to plan travel dates so as to get to RSAMD in Glasgow. Its kinda hard when one is living abroad and you get such short notice to get your arse over to the UK lol.

Was that BA Acting at Central? Congratulations on your offer! Can I ask what the audition process is like? Mine is on thursday! Was it intimidating or informal/dress code,/panel,/peer to peer performance? Thanks a lot!:smile:
Errm, did you not see that all of these posts date back to 2007? This is the most up to date one with applicants from this year...

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1637114

Quick Reply

Latest