The Student Room Group

GCSE Edexcel History B - The Transformation of Surgery (Tuesday 16th June Paper)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Abbie248
So how did everyone end up doing in this paper? :h:

I got an A* and got full marks on two of the papers. Still bloody ecstatic with my results!
I got full marks surprisingly, when I got an E in it in my mock.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by SaltireBarron
I got an A* and got full marks on two of the papers. Still bloody ecstatic with my results!

Same ... i got an A all year and then boom (surgery and medicine 100UMS and 93 UMS in germany)
I dont honestly believe i got this
Reply 83
Seems like you guys did well on this paper! I got 100% on this and american west 😄
Reply 84
Original post by kaysimmonite
we've been told the structure of the exam is no longer cross referencing for question 3 but is now a 'explain why using sources' and question 4 has changed from usefulness to reliability

it's annoying that there is no past paper examples of these questions..

Hi, are you sure this is correct and that those cross referencing and usefulness questions will not come up again? We have not been taught the structure for those questions, we only got taught the structure for explain why and reliability questions. Im very scared if the other question comes up i will not know what to do.
I'm going to be doing this paper can you tell me what the questions are so I know what areas to revise. Thanks in advance.
Original post by kaysimmonite
we've been told the structure of the exam is no longer cross referencing for question 3 but is now a 'explain why using sources' and question 4 has changed from usefulness to reliability

it's annoying that there is no past paper examples of these questions..

Question 3 is indeed no longer cross referencing. The past papers for 2015 and 2016 have the new question 3s in. They give a source and ask a 'why' question, you're advised to give 3 points and support with evidence from the source.
Original post by PATDLOL
Hi, are you sure this is correct and that those cross referencing and usefulness questions will not come up again? We have not been taught the structure for those questions, we only got taught the structure for explain why and reliability questions. Im very scared if the other question comes up i will not know what to do.

Reliability is just usefulness without talking much about the content, and focus more on purpose origin nature. The cross referencing style of question 3 will definitely not come up again- use the single source given to make 3 points to answer the 'why' question
Question 1 requires no own knowledge just inferences

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending