So 4 total in year 10

In year 11 I've done:
Product Design
Additional Science
Further Additional Science
English Lang
English Lit
So 5 total in year 11

9 total GCSEs but some people chose to do PE too, I chose not too so had 2 hours to just play every week :biggrin:

What about u?

Wow. Your school had it easier than us. They decided to make us do extra GCSEs to keep us occupied so we had less time per subject and GCSEs as well.

For example, I had to take 1 exam in year 9 (ICT), then 4 last year and 26 this year. And i end up with 15 GCSEs.
Reply 61
Original post by noopera
Wow. Your school had it easier than us. They decided to make us do extra GCSEs to keep us occupied so we had less time per subject and GCSEs as well.

For example, I had to take 1 exam in year 9 (ICT), then 4 last year and 26 this year. And i end up with 15 GCSEs.

Oh my god that's insane! It's kinda useless aswell cause no college or sixth form or uni care that much about GCSEs.

Unlucky mate
Reply 62
Original post by KD1024
Oh my god that's insane! It's kinda useless aswell cause no college or sixth form or uni care that much about GCSEs.

Unlucky mate

seriously it is mostly useless as 4 of my exams were on religious studies. of all things, which all of us had to do. and 7 of my GCSEs are just core and additional versions of science and maths. At least tomorrow's exam is the last one.
Reply 63
What about doing mutliple designs for one question, my revision guide syas we should have 2 basic sketches, select 1 and improve it.
Remember to focus in on one specfic part of the design, a joint for example.
Original post by noopera

Ouch that's a lot! I had 24 exams this year (including tomorrow's) but have done none in previous years!
Reply 65
Original post by Katherines01
Ouch that's a lot! I had 24 exams this year (including tomorrow's) but have done none in previous years!

yes my school can be a bit overbearing sometimes plus i kinda chose to do some subjects last year as i thought i wouldn't have do any this year but then afterwards the school told us we had to to extra courses for example i had to do Aqa level 2 further maths and OCR additional maths as well, while doing a lot of self-learning as our class had people who still had to do the core maths.
Original post by noopera
yes my school can be a bit overbearing sometimes plus i kinda chose to do some subjects last year as i thought i wouldn't have do any this year but then afterwards the school told us we had to to extra courses for example i had to do Aqa level 2 further maths and OCR additional maths as well, while doing a lot of self-learning as our class had people who still had to do the core maths.

Aw that is harsh :/ but it should benefit you in the long run really!!
I like how off topic this forum has got though haha I'm sure it'll return to PD tomorrow when everyone starts either complaining or being extremely happy about the exam:wink:
Reply 67
Aw that is harsh :/ but it should benefit you in the long run really!!
I like how off topic this forum has got though haha I'm sure it'll return to PD tomorrow when everyone starts either complaining or being extremely happy about the exam:wink:

Yep definitely. I'm just on here as i'm taking a break but i have a feeling tomorrow as i'm walking home from school ill just hearing my phone every few minutes :smile:
Reply 68
Good Luck everyone!
How did everyone find it? I thought it was nice :smile:
I think it went quite well but the 15 mark design question put me off a bit what choice did u pick?
Original post by typicalvirgo
How did everyone find it? I thought it was nice :smile:

I thought it was okay in general but had some odd questions in it... Like the colours in the kitchen?? What was that about
Original post by 10moorej
I think it went quite well but the 15 mark design question put me off a bit what choice did u pick?

I chose a hat only because that was the thing I could say most about in terms of materials, what they do, what finishes can be applied, how to decorate it etc.
I thought it was okay in general but had some odd questions in it... Like the colours in the kitchen?? What was that about

I know right! That was such a weird question..I put for red, it could be a light on an oven that tells you its on so you stay away (red implies danger) and for green I said it could be a light on a windowless kettle telling you when your water is done boiling because green implies safety and correctness. Totally talked out of my bum but I hope I get some marks!
I chose a hat only because that was the thing I could say most about in terms of materials, what they do, what finishes can be applied, how to decorate it etc.

The problem is that I was hoping for something like a clock etc compared to a hat, mug, calendar so I chose lighting and instead designed a lamp sort of thing hoping that will be accepted
The problem is that I was hoping for something like a clock etc compared to a hat, mug, calendar so I chose lighting and instead designed a lamp sort of thing hoping that will be accepted

Yeah it should be. I mean, even if you picked like a random object and said valid things about it, you could still get over half marks:smile: Even a lovely drawing would get you at least 3 lol!

I did a hat too! I was disappointed by the choice of products. My hat was like a party hat with embellishments so that it looked like a peacock etc. I think I will lose a lot of marks because of the simplicity but hey ho it was the best I could do
Reply 77

I did exactly the same! Made an LED lamp with leaf patterns from the mood board.
Hope it's alright
i designed a lamp with a leaf body and mushroom light at the top. I did my sketches okay i think and coloured in my final 3d design...for the materials i put h.i.p.s for the mushroom, mdf for the stand.. i really messed it up i think!!! i also forgot to add in dimensions!!! FML. Also the manufacturing card printing thing really lost me!!!!
Original post by Oasiis61
i designed a lamp with a leaf body and mushroom light at the top. I did my sketches okay i think and coloured in my final 3d design...for the materials i put h.i.p.s for the mushroom, mdf for the stand.. i really messed it up i think!!! i also forgot to add in dimensions!!! FML. Also the manufacturing card printing thing really lost me!!!!

That question got me as well! The primary school cards one yea? I had no idea what to do for a "novelty item" O.o

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest

Trending

Trending