The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

well simple things can increase this like: getting a good grade with a positive comment, going out in new clothes and guys looking at you,
i still can't quite go out and feel confident about the way i look despite compliments i get - but its just a feeling sometimes, when i go out, i decide to dress up = and then feel it, or i work super hard on my assisnment and projects, and wait for that comment from my tutor

for me it was mostly the after effects of bulling
Reply 21
I was bullied too. It makes me fear more, because now I feel if I go down anyhow those bullies can still think/or see me as inferior. And thinking like that hardly motivates me though.
Reply 22
I'd reccomend getting a good group of friends. Previously a lot of the group were *******s, and that didn't really help. After I changed group, it really helped a lot. Now I'm in a different school, and if you've already read some of my posts you might have realised, but things are really looking up. I am basically incredible. Just look forward to the future and who knows, maybe you'll be nearly as good as me.
head on to the anti-bullying soc which is in this dept - there are some good pointers that people have put up about bullying - i have included some comments too
Anonymous
I was bullied too. It makes me fear more, because now I feel if I go down anyhow those bullies can still think/or see me as inferior. And thinking like that hardly motivates me though.

Me too. Like Yoda said, friends are good to have around, particularly with bullies.
Reply 25
Yeah I made other friends besides them as well. I still feel so weak and fragile though
it just takes time - it took me about 2-3 years before i was able to talk back and defend myself - its all in just believing in yourself -- you can always talk to us about it and we will help you
Anonymous
Yeah I made other friends besides them as well. I still feel so weak and fragile though

Aww, I know how you feel. I hate what bullies can do to you emotionally. If you ever feel like a chat, feel free to PM me :smile:
bully fighters to the end huh hannah? :wink:
Reply 29
Thanks!!!! Bullies ended it quite some time ago. But memories always stay
Reply 30
Anonymous
Thanks!!!! Bullies ended it quite some time ago. But memories always stay

No they won't. Or at least won't be painful. Honestly.
true - i agree with that, i do remmeber them, but not as painfully now , i always see myself as the one who ended it! :wink:
Reply 32
im feeling really insecure about uni, im dreading going, and i know..everyone is in the same boat. but i just feel like im going to be so alone.

sorry to butt in on your convo
aww theres nothing to worry about - i was just like that - and i am international so it was a hunderd times worse - but the trick its this *this is what i did*
as soon as the flatmates pour in, just go round and introduce yourself that s what i did and i met someone who is my close friend now! and its only been bout 4 monthS!
Reply 34
i know thats what everyone is telling me but im just thinking the worst, that i wont get on with any of my housemates, and ill be such a loner
no no no!!!! stop that now!!

you won't seriously! think about it this way, you have many opportunities to meet people: freshers week, flatmates, corridors, your course, parties
its endless, you never have to feel like a loner! i thought i would be a social outcast, but it didn't happen, i met friends from all those categories! its just a matter of being yourself and going for it! :smile:
Reply 36
easier said than done. but maybe ill be different when im there and ill get a sudden confidence boost!
wackysparkle
bully fighters to the end huh hannah? :wink:

Always :P Had enough of em!

Kylie88- I'm worried about making friends at uni and I'm worried I'll be a loner too. There's about 5 people I don't wanna leave behind.
i know how you guys feel - and yes - thats just it - i can't explain it, all i can say is that you shouldn't make it suck you up
you are always welcome to PMing me if you need to talk about it :wink:
Reply 39
At uni I'm just going to spend the first week getting completely hammered, and hopefully I'll get some popularity. Always seems to work. That and its another excuse to get hammered.

Latest

Trending

Trending