The Student Room Group

Edexcel History B protest, law and order

Hi guys I have the unit 3b protest, law and order history paper on Tuesday 16th June. Does anyone have any predictions for what will come up?
Reply 1
Original post by Gk1616
Hi guys I have the unit 3b protest, law and order history paper on Tuesday 16th June. Does anyone have any predictions for what will come up?

Poll tax

Miners strike is too obvious, suffragettes has come up too often and general strike feels unlikely.
Reply 2
Original post by jamestg
Poll tax

Miners strike is too obvious, suffragettes has come up too often and general strike feels unlikely.

I think it will be miners or general. It was poll tax relatively recently and it was due to be the miners' strike last year
Reply 3
Original post by Gk1616
I think it will be miners or general. It was poll tax relatively recently and it was due to be the miners' strike last year

Technically no strike is 'due' to come up but I get what you're trying to say.

Looking at the other exams this year, they have been tending to not do what was expected so I'm slightly cautious on relying on miners strike. It could be it, if we're really lucky - but edexcel isn't that nice. If it is going to be in the paper it will be in it with another protest.

Yes, the poll tax was in 2013 but the general strike was in 2013 too. Looking at the patterns for exams the general strike is examined in 2010 and 2013 - and the pattern looks as if the general strike will be in 2016 (and before you say, not because it's 3 years apart).

The suffragettes is really unlikely so there's not much point considering it, but you should still revise it.

So my guess is either Poll Tax on its own, or Poll Tax and the Miners' Strike.
Reply 4
Original post by Gk1616

Also, the official edexcel textbook for our new spec gives far more example questions on the general strike and miners strike, on top of this the suffragettes is the specimen paper.

Obviously this could mean nothing, but it's unlikely that the exam board will prepare candidates with the same topics in both the example questions in the textbook and specimen paper with the actual exam paper. There's only one question to do with the poll tax in the textbook if you're wondering.
Reply 5
Original post by jamestg
Also, the official edexcel textbook for our new spec gives far more example questions on the general strike and miners strike, on top of this the suffragettes is the specimen paper.

Obviously this could mean nothing, but it's unlikely that the exam board will prepare candidates with the same topics in both the example questions in the textbook and specimen paper with the actual exam paper. There's only one question to do with the poll tax in the textbook if you're wondering.

Okay thanks. But only one protest comes up?
Reply 6
Original post by Gk1616
Okay thanks. But only one protest comes up?

My teacher emailed them asking whether more than one protest can turn up, because she wasn't sure as it's a new specification and they said it can be more than one protest - but the question format would remain the same. You would have say 2 questions on one protest and 3 on another. I would say this is actually quite good, but I don't know the chances of it happening because they didn't specify whether they will put more than one protest in this year's paper they just said it was a possibility.
Reply 7
Probably gonna be poll tax and miners strike

Original post by jamestg
My teacher emailed them asking whether more than one protest can turn up, because she wasn't sure as it's a new specification and they said it can be more than one protest - but the question format would remain the same. You would have say 2 questions on one protest and 3 on another. I would say this is actually quite good, but I don't know the chances of it happening because they didn't specify whether they will put more than one protest in this year's paper they just said it was a possibility.
general strike and it wasnt too great
Guys, does anyone have any protest powerpoints for revision, if do please share
Thanks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending