The Student Room Group

Geog 4A 2015

Just wondered if anyone had any tips for the 4A paper on Friday?
<deleted>
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 2
I'm so unprepared for this exam

Posted from TSR Mobile
I made a thread :smile: um im getting up in the morning to revise lol
Reply 4
Hello! I am doing this exam too, my tips are:

- know your coursework!
- don't go in with rehearsed answers to apply to every question, this won't work! the examiner's reported stated to avoid this from june 2014
- keep referring back to your own field work and be confident in your claims (the mark scheme uses this phrase of 'confidence'!)
- read the question carefully - make sure you know what maps cartographic involves, what graphs graphical involves etc. since they will probably say e.g.
Reply 5
Dose anyone have a simple definition of spearmans rank, Chi squared and Mann Whitney U?
Reply 6
How are these? I'm using them

SR: A statistical test that is used to measure the correlation between 2 data sets

CS: Used to analyse spatial distributions to work out if a distribution occurs by random or if it is determined by an explanatory factor

MWU: Test to see if there is a real or significant difference between the 2 data sets

Good luck today! I can't wait for it to be over :smile:
Reply 7
Original post by NL15
How are these? I'm using them

SR: A statistical test that is used to measure the correlation between 2 data sets

CS: Used to analyse spatial distributions to work out if a distribution occurs by random or if it is determined by an explanatory factor

MWU: Test to see if there is a real or significant difference between the 2 data sets

Good luck today! I can't wait for it to be over :smile:

Thanks, Good luck to you too!

Quick Reply