The Student Room Group

Policing with Cyber Security module

Hi,
I haven't applied for uni and was at CCCU today and saw this stand. I have a passion for being a police officer and have keen interests for the police, and saw this degree course. It looks really interesting and it has modules that relate to ICT, which is what I have in mind to do in the future. I asked my dad if I should apply and he says that a policing degree will only get me into a policing career, not definately and frankly he is finding every excuse for me not to go to uni.

I understand that it will not get me a job directly or stright into the police service, but could people tell me what jobs that I may be able to get with the degree.

Much appreciated.
Reply 1
Original post by MartinezOnline
Hi,
I haven't applied for uni and was at CCCU today and saw this stand. I have a passion for being a police officer and have keen interests for the police, and saw this degree course. It looks really interesting and it has modules that relate to ICT, which is what I have in mind to do in the future. I asked my dad if I should apply and he says that a policing degree will only get me into a policing career, not definately and frankly he is finding every excuse for me not to go to uni.

I understand that it will not get me a job directly or stright into the police service, but could people tell me what jobs that I may be able to get with the degree.

Much appreciated.
Many graduate jobs do not specifiy the degree subject. You would be technically eligible for most graduate schemes, where the classification is generally the key factor (usually, but not always, a 2:1). Whether the degree would add value to an application to join the police only they can tell you, but it's certainly worth asking.

The point is you will get a higher graded degree studying something that interests you, than you will studying something that doesn't. It might also be worth mentioning to your father that there are plenty of law graduates out there who can't training contracts so can't get jobs as lawyers.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending