The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Loki
Apparently this was the reason Bristol gave to a friend of mine when he emailed them concerning his rejection.This was reinforced by talking to the people up for interview at Oxford as the majority had been rejected from Bristol,myself included.Must find out if he has it in writing.

thing is with Bristol they have so many applicant that inevitably they reject people that have got into oxbridge, also they don't know what other uni's you have applied to until they have made you an offer. On my course(at Bristol) its almost the opposite, virtually everyone on my course is an oxbridge reject, most people i've spoke to have got at least 3 or more A's etc. For example the english department had huge ammounts of applications and i think 500 of those had at least 3 A's. There were probably only about 100 places available
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
Reply 21
i hate all this i got two offers, both AAA - physics imperial, and cambridge -natural sciences.........
cambridge is my 1st choice so after my imperial offer comes through (they said they would give me one in the interview), i will ring them and ask them to lower cause i want to put them as my 1nd choice if they offer AAB.

they said they normally offer AAA..........which is means i can no longer put that as my second uni........, cause if i get d grades i will go to cambridge.....not to imperial...

shitty situation really, if i dont get d grades i will prob go to: bath/nottingham/bristol/reading..... but i really really like cambridge and imperial. if imperial offered AAB i would be so happy!!!!!
Reply 22
bono
but whats the difference?

if they ask, "is imperial your 1st choice", why cant u say yes even if u are applying to oxbridge and thats really ur first choice?

why not?

there is no contract, and you are entitled to say whether it is or not, even if u lie.

u sign nothing, and it makes no difference - u can reject them later if u want, tough luck on them if you lied.

Just wondering here- If you lie and say 'hey you're my first choice' to each one, get rejected from oxbridge, and end up at a uni u lied to, well since they find out where you've applied in sept before you join, would they hold some kind of grudge or be able to bar you from the course, because you told a porkie?
Reply 23
BossLady
Just wondering here- If you lie and say 'hey you're my first choice' to each one, get rejected from oxbridge, and end up at a uni u lied to, well since they find out where you've applied in sept before you join, would they hold some kind of grudge or be able to bar you from the course, because you told a porkie?

No, and you can just deny the fact that you lied in your interview..
'You said you were going to put <uni> as your first choice'
'I did? I dont remember that'
Reply 24
BossLady
Actually I think Durham usually ask for AAA in physics.

Er, no, Durham usually ask for ABB in Physics.
Reply 25
chrisbphd
Er, no, Durham usually ask for ABB in Physics.

Sorry, it's Nat Sci I was thinking of.

Latest

Trending

Trending