The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

After 3 weeks after GS GIR interview my application status appeared from 'interview scheduled' to 'application reviewed' . Does that mean a rejection?
Anyone can provide advise on if i should accept J.P. morgan technology spring week or deutsche bank technology spring week or barclays technology spring week
Original post by binbinbinnn
After 3 weeks after GS GIR interview my application status appeared from 'interview scheduled' to 'application reviewed' . Does that mean a rejection?

me too lol
Huge congratulations to everyone who received SW offers!

Unfortunately this SW cycle I got nothing despite putting in a lot of effort :frown:
It seems like everyone at my University got something whoever I ask heck 2 guys in my project group had FO JPM and GS offers.
Rejection from UBS after 4+ months, without an interview. UBS insight day, relevant industry experience + EC and can't even secure an interview. How disappointing... (not just with UBS)
Original post by makrxx
Rejection from UBS after 4+ months, without an interview. UBS insight day, relevant industry experience + EC and can't even secure an interview. How disappointing... (not just with UBS)

Same...
Got rejected by GS as well today (mass rejection I believe!) :frown:
And from HSBC post-int as well... so sad... guess I'm not getting SW :frown:
Original post by Kiwith
Same...

Chin up mate, try to get some summer experience in.

Disappointed that I can't even get interviews with my background/experiences. Luck? Idk...
Heard from GS ops and tech, but nothing from Securities, still under review, anyone else?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Thedeadlyfalcon
Huge congratulations to everyone who received SW offers!

Unfortunately this SW cycle I got nothing despite putting in a lot of effort :frown:
It seems like everyone at my University got something whoever I ask heck 2 guys in my project group had FO JPM and GS offers.

Dont worry man, Its still far from over. SWs are not as important as people make it out to be and considering you are in your first year, you can always reapply again for SWs and second time round you will stand a much better chance!

And wow thats interesting what University are you studying at im guessing a Top 6 haha
Anyone apply to BP?

Anyone have an interview yet?

And does anyone know if they screen before the SJT and Cognitive tests?

Cheers
Original post by Kiwith
Same...

I'm sorry to hear that... But may I ask how GS rejected you if you don't mind
Believe he was rejected pre-interview... Got a pre-interview GS rejection from IMD yesterday, still waiting for GIR post-interview. Interview went well though, given that I am applying as non-native from outside the UK...
Reply 5692
Did anyone who accepted their JP offer get more information in the last days? I completed the survey etc...
Hi sorry to bother you all but I have a question. Are we competing with international students for these internship positions or is it only for us home students? Cause I thought international students weren't allowed to get a job in the UK after they finish studying? I have nothing against them its just that I'd like to know how competitive it is and clear up any misunderstanding I have. Thank you for any future answers :smile:
Original post by tomharris15
Hi sorry to bother you all but I have a question. Are we competing with international students for these internship positions or is it only for us home students? Cause I thought international students weren't allowed to get a job in the UK after they finish studying? I have nothing against them its just that I'd like to know how competitive it is and clear up any misunderstanding I have. Thank you for any future answers :smile:

Yes, if international students are qualified, banks are willing to issue a visa for their summer intern/ graduate position. I have a few international friends with summer offers.
Original post by tomharris15

You're competing against people from top EU schools, schools in Africa/the Middle East and international students studying here.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by darthvader150
Dont worry man, Its still far from over. SWs are not as important as people make it out to be and considering you are in your first year, you can always reapply again for SWs and second time round you will stand a much better chance!

And wow thats interesting what University are you studying at im guessing a Top 6 haha

Yeah I guess your right next year I will most likely be reapplying to SWs along with applying to Summer.

I am studying at Warwick.
Original post by Princepieman
You're competing against people from top EU schools, schools in Africa/the Middle East and international students studying here.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Copy that, I'm from Germany and plenty of people in my class have secured offers at Credit, JPM, BoAML, MS, Rothschild, Deutsche Bank and smaller places... Not too many Goldman interviews though
Original post by Thedeadlyfalcon
Yeah I guess your right next year I will most likely be reapplying to SWs along with applying to Summer.

I am studying at Warwick.

Yes lads! See you this October :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Princepieman
Yes lads! See you this October :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Looking forward to seeing you mate, you will love this place haha!

Latest

Trending

Trending