The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by iAmanze
Networking to me sounds like:

- Get them to like you
- Get them to do things for you. (advice, internships etc)

LOL
How would you know when to apply and what banks do it ? Is there some website where u can details of all ? And can someone please confirm with me. That you are only eligible to apply when you are in first year of uni ? As I just finished sixth form. So I can apply for 2016 one right ?
Original post by Maths degree
How would you know when to apply and what banks do it ? Is there some website where u can details of all ? And can someone please confirm with me. That you are only eligible to apply when you are in first year of uni ? As I just finished sixth form. So I can apply for 2016 one right ?

Do some research mate.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Maths degree

All banks open apps for Spring Weeks from around Sept. They close between Nov and Jan. Someone posted a list of banks on page 1 of this thread if you want individual details of them all.

You're only eligible to apply in 1st year of uni if you're on a 3 year course. If you're on a 4 yr course, you apply in your second year. Assuming you're going onto a 3 year course, you can apply for 2016 Spring Weeks.
Original post by Mr Inquisitive
All banks open apps for Spring Weeks from around Sept. They close between Nov and Jan. Someone posted a list of banks on page 1 of this thread if you want individual details of them all.

You're only eligible to apply in 1st year of uni if you're on a 3 year course. If you're on a 4 yr course, you apply in your second year. Assuming you're going onto a 3 year course, you can apply for 2016 Spring Weeks.

Oh right. Thanks for that ! Much appreciated. And Yhh. Doing a 3 year course. So will apply. Cheers !
http://www.graduatesfirst.com/Integration/GRADFIRST/Profile/Ability_Report.aspx?ts=403368

Beat me please. Need some competition to drive me to do better!

So damn hard with the time restriction :I
Wow, so early this year haha.
I'm really interested in getting to know your profile guys ( what work experience you have, extra-curriculars, which uni are u going to, nationality etc ) to get a sense of the calibre of my competition ;D
(edited 8 years ago)

You...what?...Hacks! I know your computer genius ways...!
(+ you never replied to my last PM)
Original post by iAmanze
You...what?...Hacks! I know your computer genius ways...!
(+ you never replied to my last PM)

Wasn't a hack bro, the Qs were very simple and I even left out 1 question.

Sorry man, haven't had the time to properly reply!

EDIT: I'll be able to reply properly tomorrow!
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by kalambay
I'm really interested in getting to know your profile guys ( what work experience you have, extra-curriculars, which uni are u going to, nationality etc ) to get a sense of the calibre of my competition ;D

i've already done sw 2015 class

uni: cass business school (a levels: a*a*a)
work exp: pre-uni summer intenship in support role at an 3rd tier IB, part-time admin role at a local company (unrelated), around 8-9 insight days at various institutions
extra-currics: manage skating organisation (non-prof), football, cycling, couple uni socs (board member of one), business related challege, did some virtual trading, volunteer at youth club
nationality: british (ethnic: african)
(edited 8 years ago)

Here goes:

Uni: Nottingham (Computer Science) Predicted Advanced Highers/Higher: AABa

ECs: founded tech startup at a selective MIT startup accelerator last year
Run a side business doing web development/design for SMEs
Created a tutoring organisation to help local primary school transition to secondary (grew from 15 students to 90)
Play solo guitar at various venues, lacrosse and rugby
Various awards for ECs and STEM research

Work Exp: 2 weeks doing a consulting project at BP, Sales Associate at Three for a year, Sales Advisor at O2 for 4 months

Nationality: British (Ethnic: Nigerian/Chinese)

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 72
If I only have one work experience (at an embassy for a week) would it be fair to say that i wont be able to get an offer for a spring week? Im planning to study at UCL.
Original post by llirtsa
If I only have one work experience (at an embassy for a week) would it be fair to say that i wont be able to get an offer for a spring week? Im planning to study at UCL.

ppl get onto sw without much relevant experience, so there's always a chance. if you have good extra-currics and strong academics then you have a shot given ur at a target

Oke dokey.

University: Durham.
A-levels (predicted): A*AA however feeling A*AB.

Work exp: Co-founder student investment fund, Retail.
Volunteer exp: Care home, Hospital, GP (was going down the medical route).

EC's: Chess multi-tournament winner, Athletics 2 year time record breaker regional competition... other things like 1st Fidelity trading challenge, 1st ICMA trading challenge.

Nationality: British.
Ethnicity: African.
Original post by Princepieman
x

Original post by iAmanze
x

team africa
Original post by gr8wizard10
team africa

Wouldn't want it any other way :smile:

Also, someone wants to see my CL as they are wondering how I got 3 insight days. Is this a good idea as they might make it close to mine then when we apply for SW's it'll be like urmmmm?????????

I mean I know you helped me out with mine, but we're of different application cycles.
Original post by iAmanze

Also, someone wants to see my CL as they are wondering how I got 3 insight days. Is this a good idea as they might make it close to mine then when we apply for SW's it'll be like urmmmm?????????

I mean I know you helped me out with mine, but we're of different application cycles.

You heard back from HSBC?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by gr8wizard10
team africa

Got dat exotic asian blood as well - ygm?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by iAmanze

assess the situation and see whether it would be wise to comply. it won't make much of a problem given you both wouldn't have the same history and experiences.

Latest