The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Hody421
See you there.
Dress code?

Where do I recognise you from... hmmm.... Did we talk about C4 maths sometime?

+ Normal business attire. What other banks did you make it into?

Original post by Princepieman
Still waiting. Can't even log in to the system.
Posted from TSR Mobile

They have not updated the system. Check your e-mail?
...you better make it!
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by iAmanze

They have not updated the system. Check your e-mail?
...you better make it!

I have, nothing yet. It's not the end of the world though - still have RBS running.

Have fun lads if I don't make it.
Original post by iAmanze
Where do I recognise you from... hmmm.... Did we talk about C4 maths sometime?

+ Normal business attire. What other banks did you make it into?

Yeah, from MEI C4 thread

Nah didn't make it to other banks but have lined up Freshfields & Mitsubishi UFJ

9-6 sounds alright to me. Don't have to wake up so early.
Original post by Hody421
Yeah, from MEI C4 thread

Nah didn't make it to other banks but have lined up Freshfields & Mitsubishi UFJ

9-6 sounds alright to me. Don't have to wake up so early.

Damn, where the insights that competitive? It seems all the people going to 'targets'* were not too successful in gaining them, it's crazy and does not make too much conventional sense. :redface:

I was scared because after I sent all my applications I realised that my CV had a grammatical error "that was likely to consolidating due to..."
These guys must have skim read like mad. *Thanks God*

How did you go about getting into those? =o
I was really looking to get into an insight/internship that was non-banking so I could show banks that I've explored other options and say that banking trumps them all. Been unsuccessful at finding any though. o_o

Spoiler

Original post by iAmanze
Damn, where the insights that competitive? It seems all the people going to 'targets'* were not too successful in gaining them, it's crazy and does not make too much conventional sense. :redface:

I was scared because after I sent all my applications I realised that my CV had a grammatical error "that was likely to consolidating due to..."
These guys must have skim read like mad. *Thanks God*

How did you go about getting into those? =o
I was really looking to get into an insight/internship that was non-banking so I could show banks that I've explored other options and say that banking trumps them all. Been unsuccessful at finding any though. o_o

Spoiler

I have found ones for law. Just in case I don't make into Investment Banking.
@gr8wizard10 How did you find the event last year? Was it packed?
Original post by iAmanze

Spoiler

Spot on.
Original post by Hody421
@gr8wizard10 How did you find the event last year? Was it packed?

What event is this you're discussing?
Original post by gr8wizard10
What event is this you're discussing?

Inspiring Potential at HSBC
Original post by Hody421
Inspiring Potential at HSBC

Wasn't packed, think they selected like 30-50 students and we was in a pretty large room most of the day. It was great.
Original post by Hody421
I have found ones for law. Just in case I don't make into Investment Banking.

Are they closed now? :frown:
Original post by iAmanze
Are they closed now? :frown:

Yeah - I found those from The Brokerage Citylink. Also my state school had some contacts too.
Original post by Hody421
Yeah - I found those from The Brokerage Citylink. Also my state school had some contacts too.

My school did absolutely nothing! I swear, if it wasn't for gr8wizard10 and will2348 my path into investment banking would have been completely messed up/doomed from last year.

I would have gone to some obscure uni instead of Durham and would have very little knowledge about insight days and spring weeks.

Spoiler

Thanks guys!
Original post by iAmanze
My school did absolutely nothing! I swear, if it wasn't for gr8wizard10 and will2348 my path into investment banking would have been completely messed up/doomed from last year.
I would have gone to some obscure uni instead of Durham and would have very little knowledge about insight days and spring weeks.

Spoiler

Thanks guys!

Can confirm. They are both living legends.
Original post by iAmanze

Spoiler

Thanks guys!

Although I knew about how to break in since I was 15, those guys are solid for advice!

Congrats on the insights mate. I probs won't be seeing you at one this year. HSBC hasn't responded.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Princepieman
Although I knew about how to break in since I was 15, those guys are solid for advice!
Congrats on the insights mate. I probs won't be seeing you at one this year. HSBC hasn't responded.
Posted from TSR Mobile

Not everyone is a champion like you lol

Awh mannn... Call them or something. I know when I bugged I think Morgan Stanley they got back to me the same day giving me my offer.

Original post by Anonynmous

Indeed!

Have you confirmed your J.P Morgan Insight yet?

went through that annoying travel nonsense for the J.P Morgan one. I got really fustrated at the woman on the phone, oops :P

Her: "Can't find your details, are you sure you set up an account?"
Me: " ......................... ... ... y e s. ..."
Her: " oh urm, hold on a sec"
Me: *sigh*

Lol
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by iAmanze

Awh mannn... Call them or something. I know when I bugged I think Morgan Stanley they got back to me the same day giving me my offer.

Sent someone an email. I think most people in HR would be home by now.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Anonynmous

Imo you're all legends. I'd have 0 clue of I wasn't stalking this sub forum :tongue:
Original post by iAmanze
Indeed!
Have you confirmed your J.P Morgan Insight yet?
went through that annoying travel nonsense for the J.P Morgan one. I got really fustrated at the woman on the phone, oops :P
Her: "Can't find your details, are you sure you set up an account?"
Me: " ......................... ... ... y e s. ..."
Her: " oh urm, hold on a sec"
Me: *sigh*
Lol

LOOOL I haven't not yet no. I have to asap.
Original post by Imperion
Imo you're all legends. I'd have 0 clue of I wasn't stalking this sub forum :tongue:

Lmao XD

Can't seem to rep u ://

Latest

Trending

Trending