The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Still in the running for the RBS Career insight programme.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 141
Hi all, I will be applying for 2016 Spring Weeks, but still unsure whether to apply for IB or Securities division. Too bad I cannot attend neither of the Insight days, because I am an International student and during the summer break I am not in the UK. Other than that I just finished a short internship as a jn trader and am looking forward for my internship in the UK during september at a wealth management company. I would love to talk about trading with someone (Im currently trading on the fx market). Good luck with the Insight days!
Original post by Princepieman
Still in the running for the RBS Career insight programme.

Posted from TSR Mobile

do you know of any free talenq practise tests, apart from on there website?

(I'm at the numerical stage atm)
Rejection from HSBC for the insight programme.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by blue-city
do you know of any free talenq practise tests, apart from on there website?

(I'm at the numerical stage atm)

I don't know of any free ones in that format tbh. I'd say do the practice TalentQ a few times but shorten the amount of time you have for each question each time you do it.

Good luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

Did they say why?
Original post by Mitzy09
Did they say why?

Nope. Didn't say anything else apart from the rejection.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Nope. Didn't say anything else apart from the rejection.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ahh okay. Good luck with RBS:smile:
Original post by Mitzy09
Ahh okay. Good luck with RBS:smile:

Thanks! Are you heading to any?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thanks! Are you heading to any?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Applying to the RBS and HSBC insight ones (hopefully I'm not too late).. not currently got any planned because I missed the deadlines for the earlier ones:tongue:
Original post by Mitzy09
Applying to the RBS and HSBC insight ones (hopefully I'm not too late).. not currently got any planned because I missed the deadlines for the earlier ones:tongue:

Ah, the same as me then! I missed the deadlines for the other ones as well.

I think HSBC have given out decisions already. What dates did you put down for RBS? Might see you there if I get in.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

Duudddee noooooooooooooooo!

I don't get it. Your profile is superior to mine. You're entrepreneurial, can program, worked for BP.... what? and I worked a xmas temp role a tk maxx as my only work experience.

That's messed up. Perhaps you should think about making the CV amendments I suggested btw.

Wish you all the best for RBS!
Original post by iAmanze
Duudddee noooooooooooooooo!

I don't get it. Your profile is superior to mine. You're entrepreneurial, can program, worked for BP.... what? and I worked a xmas temp role a tk maxx as my only work experience.

That's messed up. Perhaps you should think about making the CV amendments I suggested btw.

Wish you all the best for RBS!

Hahahahahah, yeah, doesn't really make sense tbh.

Already have mate. Might need to tweak the margins to get to one page though.

Thanks! Have fun at the open days bro - might meet you next year if we both apply/attend some lower ranked bank spring weeks. I'm saving the juicy ones for the second year of my integrated masters.

Posted from TSR Mobile
What benefit does attending insight days give you?
Original post by Onlyheretoask
What benefit does attending insight days give you?

perfect answer to the competency qs/cover letter for that firm. i didnt know of these, they are excellent to answer app forms. nomura fast track a lot of people from their insight day to the spring week.
Ah, the same as me then! I missed the deadlines for the other ones as well.

I think HSBC have given out decisions already. What dates did you put down for RBS? Might see you there if I get in.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh I haven't submitted my application for HSBC yet:frown: 16th/17th September, you? Yes I've nearly finished the RBS application form so will submit by today:h:
Hahahahahah, yeah, doesn't really make sense tbh.

Already have mate. Might need to tweak the margins to get to one page though.

Thanks! Have fun at the open days bro - might meet you next year if we both apply/attend some lower ranked bank spring weeks. I'm saving the juicy ones for the second year of my integrated masters.

Posted from TSR Mobile

heehee, doing the sneaky 3 year then degree then ah ill do a four year later :biggrin: good idea

p.s buddy your cv has to be one page, everyone has to keep it concise, even masters students at lse lol.
Guys, would you say in general, competency questions that they ask on their website plays a bigger role than the numerical/verbal/logical tests to get insight days/spring week or is it the other way around? Or are they just both equally important.
Original post by Mitzy09
Oh I haven't submitted my application for HSBC yet:frown: 16th/17th September, you? Yes I've nearly finished the RBS application form so will submit by today:h:

I'm pretty sure they are closed now if that's the case. Ooh, I spoke to someone who wanted those dates but these are the available ones:

Edinburgh
Tuesday 30th June
Monday 6th July
Tuesday 14th July
London
Wednesday 29th July
Tuesday 4th August
Tuesday 11th August
Friday 14th August
Wednesday 19th August
Wednesday 26th August
Manchester
Wednesday 5th August

Original post by welcometoib
heehee, doing the sneaky 3 year then degree then ah ill do a four year later :biggrin: good idea

p.s buddy your cv has to be one page, everyone has to keep it concise, even masters students at lse lol.

Yep, I'm using the first year to try for lower tier banks, big 4 consulting and any insight I can get into corporate law. That way I can be sure of what direction to take in terms of apps for summer internships. I'll probably spend my first year summer at a tech startup of some kind.

Haha, thanks for the heads up! I've corrected it now.
I'm pretty sure they are closed now if that's the case. Ooh, I spoke to someone who wanted those dates but these are the available ones:

Edinburgh
Tuesday 30th June
Monday 6th July
Tuesday 14th July
London
Wednesday 29th July
Tuesday 4th August
Tuesday 11th August
Friday 14th August
Wednesday 19th August
Wednesday 26th August
Manchester
Wednesday 5th August

Yep, I'm using the first year to try for lower tier banks, big 4 consulting and any insight I can get into corporate law. That way I can be sure of what direction to take in terms of apps for summer internships. I'll probably spend my first year summer at a tech startup of some kind.

Haha, thanks for the heads up! I've corrected it now.

be careful, the lower tier banks usually have the least number of spots. nomura 20 for the sw for instance. youve got this all planned, youre fine, most dont have a plan b, luck is so big in this industry in getting a break.

Latest

Trending

Trending