The Student Room Group

The 2015-16 First Years Thread!

The Freshers 2015-16 Thread!

Hi all,

As everyone comes up to the end of their exams, there is nothing more that you can do before going to university! :eek:

You're almost here - so why not kick back and relax with some other freshers from across the country?

If you fancy chatting to people from the universities that you've applied for, there's a whole list of uni forums here. If there's not a general freshers thread, why not make one? :h: There's also a massive list of applicant threads here.

Feel free to ask questions about uni and I'm sure that some of our friendly regulars will hop in and answer. If you'd like to ask me a question about uni, just tag me by pressing the @ key and entering my name to mention me. (A bit like Twitter).

While you kick back and relax, we're going to be busy updating the TSR information bank for Freshers, Student Accommodation and also getting ready to help you out on Results Day. :party:

Have fun and enjoy summer! :woo:

RF

FAQ
Coming soon :colone:
(edited 8 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Hey all - I know you've not all necessarily decided on uni but I thought I'd quote you in this thread as it should be really helpful :h: Exams are coming to an end - it's the end of an era! :cry2: It's nice to have other people going through the same things to talk to :h:
(edited 8 years ago)
Dunno if my quotes worked - sorry for spam :s-smilie:
(edited 4 years ago)
I am so scared to move out!
Reply 4
Good lord, that is a lot of quotes!
Great thread, should make for some entertaining posts during the long summer
Well, if anyone is going to Australia for university (Sydney or Melbourne preferable) next year, hit me up :tongue:
Reply 7
Original post by Puddles the Monkey
Dunno if my quotes worked - sorry for spam :s-smilie:

Quotes

First one worked, how does that quote thing even work like what determines the order of the usernames quoted? how old your account is?
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by VannR
Good lord, that is a lot of quotes!

350 :s-smilie: It's everyone who posted in the Year 13 thread(s) :yy:
Original post by MangoFreak
Well, if anyone is going to Australia for university (Sydney or Melbourne preferable) next year, hit me up :tongue:

You're going to Australia? That's amazing! :woo: To uni there or travelling/working? :h:
You're going to Australia? That's amazing! :woo: To uni there or travelling/working? :h:

Not that amazing, my family live there, my nationality is Australian, I have to move back there to study for financial reasons. I'd rather not personally, but I'm sure it'll be fine. UNSW or Monash are good, I'm sure I'll be happy.

Australia is even more right-wing, conservative and capitalist than the UK is probably about to become :tongue:
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by MangoFreak
Not that amazing, my family live there, my nationality is Australian, I have to move back there to study for financial reasons. I'd rather not personally, but I'm sure it'll be fine. UNSW or Monash are good, I'm sure I'll be happy.

Australia is even more right-wing, conservative and capitalist than the UK is probably about to become :tongue:

Good old Tone Abet :wink:

I know a few people at UNSW and they are having a great time. :h: Did you come to the UK to study? :smile:
Ah can't wait for uni!!!
Wow, were all those quotes done manually, that must have took dedication :P
Original post by k4l397
Wow, were all those quotes done manually, that must have took dedication :P

Excel is wonderful tool :wink:
woo excited for uni but still have 4 exams to go woo!
Original post by lizziecr
woo excited for uni but still have 4 exams to go woo!

You can do it!

Hope that the revision has been going okay and the exam isn't too horrendous, but we'll be here waiting for when you're done.

Go get 'em! :biggrin:
Reply 17
Urgh I still have Physics on Thursday and FP2 on Monday :frown:
I don't wanna get too attached in case I don't make it to my universities XD
Good old Tone Abet :wink:

I know a few people at UNSW and they are having a great time. :h: Did you come to the UK to study? :smile:

Yeah I'm sure I'll be happy once I get to uni, I have to wait 'til February/March though :lol:

My family moved here when I was 11 for whatever reason (honestly don't remember, though I think my parents were running from debt? :tongue:) and so I've lived here for almost 8 years. I don't believe in national divisions, but the UK does happen to be where everyone I know and love lives (uuuuhhh excepting my parents of course :wink:).

Do you know what the people you know are studying? I'm trying to get an idea of whether I'd prefer UNSW over Monash for Physics. It has higher entrance requirements for my course but I also started out wanting to live in Melbourne, so I need to visit both and get an idea of which I'd prefer. The higher entrance requirements aren't necessarily indicative of a higher quality course.

Quick Reply

Latest