The Student Room Group

Edexcel Biology B3 15th June 2015

Scroll to see replies

What do you guys think will be the grade boundaries for B1, B2, and B3? :P
Reply 81
40°C was faster than 20°C, but in the 60°C the reaction didn't occur because the enzymes denatured.
Original post by M9925
40°C was faster than 20°C, but in the 60°C the reaction didn't occur because the enzymes denatured.

Bacteria died. Urgh, I think I confused the 20 and 40 lines, will I still get marks if i talked about them the wrong way round? Now I doubt I'll get 6 maybe 3 maximum :'(
I think I got like only 2 marks on the marker cos I left out everything about lactose :frown: I Thnk I got like 40 over all, what is that grade do you think....?

I think this yrs grade boundaries will be like
a*- 50
a-41 or 42
b-35
But everyone found it easy so they put the grade boundaries higher so it will be like 55 for an a*

:frown:

I really want an A ....

Original post by amanii_ox
OMG for the last six marker I wrote

60 degrees was the optimum temperature because the pH level was steady and that the 40 and 20 were below the optimum temperature which is the reason of why they had different acidity levels and I thought that when making yoghurt you need to have a steady temperature to get a steady pH....
I agree with your answer but there were so many people in my class saying the 60 was the pH because it was at a steady rate but that also the 20 and 40 degrees were low in acidity resulting them not being as clotted to have texture of a yogurt

But I definately agreee with your answer

I got it wrong!
OMG
Original post by M9925

OMG i wrote the opposite :frown:
Original post by Xiuchen
What do you guys think will be the grade boundaries for B1, B2, and B3? :P

A*: 50
A: 42-43
B: 35-36
c:30

But EVERYONE found it east well nearly every one some I presume they will make the grade boundary even hgher so an A* is guna be like 55 and an a would be like 48
Original post by web-girl
You didn't get it wrong! ... what are you talking about? If you wrote than in the exam you'd have got nearly full marks, if your data was right.

Edit: you didn't right denaturing though, so you wont get that mark.

O i did right denature, don't bother getting my hopes up, it is really wrong because the optimum temp for is is 40c as it says in the CGP guide :frown:
I did get it wrong
I think i got at least 2 marks if not 1
Anyone please tell me what they got for the first multiple choice question about fossils? Was it A, B, C or D?
Can someone tell me what the exact wording was for the last 6 mark was? because I wrote about how enzymes denature so cannot breakdown lactose into lactic acid so ph did not decrease but actually lactobacillus bacteria do the breaking down what did you guys write?
Reply 89
Original post by jessyunicorn
can anyone confirm that the last 6 marker was definatly the last question i forgot to check if there was any questions after it

Yes it was definitely the last question.
Original post by web-girl
What was the temperature of the first line?

I worte 60c because it was at a "steady rate " but the other one denatured after some time

EVERY one else saying that it was 40c for the optm temp and its right cos thats what it says in the CGP rev guide
Original post by sparksflight
Don't worry, it was definitely the last question. There's writing in bold after the last question on each edexcel paper which tells you how many marks were available in total (for future reference :smile: )

okay thanks :smile:
Original post by gcses2015
Anyone please tell me what they got for the first multiple choice question about fossils? Was it A, B, C or D?

think i put B as it looked like the sharpest and most 'sophisticated' tool i think
Original post by gcses2015

I put B, the arrow head one.
Original post by MMMoody199
I put B, the arrow head one.

I did th stone one, not sure about what the letter was, anywho I did that becos i'm sure it was talking about the earliest toll so I would have pressumed it would be very undeveloped ect

I think i got it wrong!!! omg
For the percentage increase question I put 25% and I worked out the following way:
I went hrough all the options by timsing them such as
4.8x1.05 (5% increase) = 4.9 or something
and 4.8x1.25 (25% increase) = 6
so I chose 25% ...
??
also, what did people put as which hormone prevents ovulation?
I misread the question totally... (I thought it said which hormone prevents menstruation so I chose progesterone...)
Im pretty sure the answer was progesterone bcoz it inhibits lh which causes ovulation

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Katherines01
For the percentage increase question I put 25% and I worked out the following way:
I went hrough all the options by timsing them such as
4.8x1.05 (5% increase) = 4.9 or something
and 4.8x1.25 (25% increase) = 6
so I chose 25% ...
??
also, what did people put as which hormone prevents ovulation?
I misread the question totally... (I thought it said which hormone prevents menstruation so I chose progesterone...)

i put progesterone
Original post by amanii_ox
A*: 50
A: 42-43
B: 35-36
c:30

But EVERYONE found it east well nearly every one some I presume they will make the grade boundary even hgher so an A* is guna be like 55 and an a would be like 48

A* 55?! That's crazy! If its 55 I definitely won't get A* 50 I probably will :smile:
Original post by Xiuchen
A* 55?! That's crazy! If its 55 I definitely won't get A* 50 I probably will :smile:

i think i got a b so (-_-)* * *

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending