The Student Room Group

Unite student accommodation london

Hey,
So i've been with UNITE in KIRBY STREET for about a year now.
I have had an awful experience with his company.
And would highly recommend anyone to stay away.
Here are some of the issues I had.

-Massive windows in the room, but windows do not open. Just one tiny side window opens, slightly.
There is no ventilation in the room, no air. really really hot.
Had to buy my own fan, its on all day and all night.

-Communal Washing facilities completely inadequate, only 3 washing machines and 3 dryers for around 150 students. most of the time I have to do my laundry at ridiculous hours, like 7 am or 1 am as they are all taken up. And if i leave my clothes in for 2 extra minutes after its finished, people that are waiting will take out the clothes and throw them on the floor.

-Rent is incredibly high, i have tried numerous times to find someone to sublet my room but its useless as the rent value is substantially larger than the market value of the property. massive ripoff, as i can’t find anyone to sublet to, so can’t leave and have no choice but to carry on living here.

-No ventilation in the bathroom, which leads to constant mould issues and those gross humidity bugs everywhere.

-Last week, I came down in my pjs to do laundry at 8ish (finally had found a washing machine available at a normal time), and found that unite had organised a PARTY. Not a party for us students, but for corporate investors. The communal areas (courtyard and snooker room were closed for this event, we were not informed about this!!!) There were bout 40 people in suits, around the common areas and in the courtyard drinking beer. I was in my pyjamas doing laundry whilst the bankers were staring at me through the window.

-Communication is difficult, I have tried communicating issues before and I’m just ignored.

-Maintenance come in with no regards. Last week friday at 6pm, 2 men knocked once at my door and came in straight away and i was with my partner. we had no notice of this. apparently they were doing ‘maintenance work’ for the next tenants.

-Kitchen is inadequate, the hobs are not strong, i don’t have an oven, its a combi. My kitchen caught fire last week, as i had a pizza in there for no more than 8 minutes. The fire alarm went off and had to evacuate the building. The extractor, which is above the hob is really badly placed above the unit. Im unable to press the buttons for the extraction fan.

I strongly regret renting from this company, and I feel like i was misinformed at the time i made my decision.
I really advise anyone to stay away from this company. at all costs.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending