The Student Room Group
Graduation
Arts University Bournemouth
Poole
Visit website

Didn't Get In To Arts University Bournemouth Halls Of Residence

I applied for halls of residence virtually straight away, and presumed because I'll most likely be one of the youngest people in the year, and I like 4 hours by train away, that I would get a place, but I didn't, so now I don't really know what to do. I know there rented, but I don't really have any ideas on where to start with that, so any help will be appreciated. Thanks in advance! :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by VeggieSausage
I applied for halls of residence virtually straight away, and presumed because I'll most likely be one of the youngest people in the year, and I like 4 hours by train away, that I would get a place, but I didn't, so now I don't really know what to do. I know there rented, but I don't really have any ideas on where to start with that, so any help will be appreciated. Thanks in advance! :smile:

Hi VeggieSausage!

I go to Bournemouth Uni and I know that there are a lot of landlords in the area that register with the uni. I'm sure this is also the case for AUB. If you go to their website or their accommodations office, I am sure they can show you a list or put you in touch with some landlords in the area who rent specifically to students.
Good luck!

Ali
Graduation
Arts University Bournemouth
Poole
Visit website
Reply 2
Hi there,
I have also been declined for a space in Halls for my Graphic design course. I am a little concerned as you dont know who you will be moving in with in smaller private shares.
Original post by AliBonce
Hi VeggieSausage!

I go to Bournemouth Uni and I know that there are a lot of landlords in the area that register with the uni. I'm sure this is also the case for AUB. If you go to their website or their accommodations office, I am sure they can show you a list or put you in touch with some landlords in the area who rent specifically to students.
Good luck!

Ali

Hi! and oh ok thanks, I'll look on the site :smile: hopefully there will be other first years looking to rent
Original post by livvi-lou
Hi there,
I have also been declined for a space in Halls for my Graphic design course. I am a little concerned as you dont know who you will be moving in with in smaller private shares.

Yeah, well hopefully there will be a lot of first years in rented accommodation
Reply 5
are you on a wait list?
Hello!
I'm in exactly the same boat as you guys, applying to do Creative Events Management in September but didn't get a place in halls, I've just applied for the 14th August accommodation day to try and find a house... right now I'm trying to find some people to house hunt with!
Original post by livvi-lou
are you on a wait list?

Yep, you? also are you going to an accommodation day
Try looking at Bracken House and Bay View Breeze. I live at Bay View Breeze and there is a good mixture of AUB and BU students. It's a bit like halls, except it is an hotel. Breakfast and a 2 course dinner included in rent, some rooms are huge, and many rooms overlook the sea. All I know about Bracken House is that it is in Lansdowne.

Hope this helps.
Original post by KBradders
Try looking at Bracken House and Bay View Breeze. I live at Bay View Breeze and there is a good mixture of AUB and BU students. It's a bit like halls, except it is an hotel. Breakfast and a 2 course dinner included in rent, some rooms are huge, and many rooms overlook the sea. All I know about Bracken House is that it is in Lansdowne.

Hope this helps.

Thank you, that helps a lot :smile: what year are you in btw?
Thank you, that helps a lot :smile: what year are you in btw?

I have just finished 1st year at BU, but will be commuting from Bournemouth to Southampton next year as I am transferring.
Yeah i was declined a place too and im studying graphic design next year! I've been looking into private halls and hotels because i dont want to be away from all the other students but i dont know who i could move in with if i were to look for a house! Im worried id end up living with people that i really dont get on with!!
Original post by BethCollins
Yeah i was declined a place too and im studying graphic design next year! I've been looking into private halls and hotels because i dont want to be away from all the other students but i dont know who i could move in with if i were to look for a house! Im worried id end up living with people that i really dont get on with!!

Same! I would prefer to go to private halls, but because they seem quite expensive, and seem to have very little places, I'll probably have to look for a house. I'm worried about not getting on with, but I'm going on one off the accommodation day though, so hopefully I will meet people there, but I'm still worried!
Yeah they do seem really over priced for what they are! Yeah I'm going to one of the accommodation days too! I'm going to be worried until the day I move into wherever I go I think! I wish I knew like one person that was going to the uni! All of my friends are going elsewhere! Hopefully everyone on the accommodation day will be nice!
Yeah they do seem really over priced for what they are! Yeah I'm going to one of the accommodation days too! I'm going to be worried until the day I move into wherever I go I think! I wish I knew like one person that was going to the uni! All of my friends are going elsewhere! Hopefully everyone on the accommodation day will be nice!

Oh ok cool, have you decided which accommodation day your going on? I'm hoping once I've met people on the accommodation day it might be easier to decide who I want to go with, and put my mind at rest. Yeah same, I have one friend which got in, but it may not be his first choice, and even if it is he deferring. I also know someone thats friends with someones that going, but that doesn't really count XD yeah hopefully haha :biggrin:
Oh ok cool, have you decided which accommodation day your going on? I'm hoping once I've met people on the accommodation day it might be easier to decide who I want to go with, and put my mind at rest. Yeah same, I have one friend which got in, but it may not be his first choice, and even if it is he deferring. I also know someone thats friends with someones that going, but that doesn't really count XD yeah hopefully haha :biggrin:

Yeah i think im going to go on yhe 17th of juky, and i only know one person thats going to the non arts uni :tongue: but yeah hopefukky it will be a lot better agter on of the accomodation days :smile:
Yeah i think im going to go on yhe 17th of juky, and i only know one person thats going to the non arts uni :tongue: but yeah hopefukky it will be a lot better agter on of the accomodation days :smile:

I'm going on that one too :smile: I had loads of friends considering BU, but no off them have decided to go there. One of my best friends is going to Southampton, but thats the closed friend I'll have there XD yeah and it better be, because its start at 9:30, and I'm either a 4 hour train journey or a 3 hour car journey away, so I'm gonna have to get up very early XD
I'm going on that one too :smile: I had loads of friends considering BU, but no off them have decided to go there. One of my best friends is going to Southampton, but thats the closed friend I'll have there XD yeah and it better be, because its start at 9:30, and I'm either a 4 hour train journey or a 3 hour car journey away, so I'm gonna have to get up very early XD

Ohh thats quite a while! Im only am hour ish away! :smile: well as im not too far away im got friends that arnt going to uni that i can still see everynow and then so it will be ok! :smile: just cant wait for uni to start so im not worried about eberything! 😂
Ohh thats quite a while! Im only am hour ish away! :smile: well as im not too far away im got friends that arnt going to uni that i can still see everynow and then so it will be ok! :smile: just cant wait for uni to start so im not worried about eberything! 😂

Oh ok, thats good :smile: most of my friends are quite far away, most of the ones that are going to uni are around london :P Yeah same, i'm kinda worried that when I start everyone in my class with be better than me though XD
Oh ok, thats good :smile: most of my friends are quite far away, most of the ones that are going to uni are around london :P Yeah same, i'm kinda worried that when I start everyone in my class with be better than me though XD

yeah I'm worried about it as well! Feel like I'm going to just fail straight away!! Ahah but I hope it will be ok when I get there! Would be good to get in accommodation with someone on the same course to always get their opinion and stuff :tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending