The Student Room Group

Getting into uni

A quick question about results day and getting into university.

I am currently studying French, Spanish, fine art and applied design. My university of choice wants me to achieve a grade b in fine art and a merit in applied design in order to gain a place to study fashion.

I should get at least a grade B in art and a D* in design. However I need to get a grade C in either a level French or Spanish - which I am not sure I will achieve.

Worst case scenario If I do not achieve the required grade C, will my university still have me? Bearing in mind I am studying fashion so the languages aren't too relevant to my course.

Please help!
The university has every right to reject you if you don't meet their conditional offer, although it is possible they will be flexible on your grade in a less relevant subject. However, they will need some evidence that you can cope with a reasonable workloan and still get good grades, so it is possible that you wouldn't get the place.

The only people who would know is the university. If you've still got exams work seriously hard for the next couple of weeks and really try to get those grades. If your exams are over, relax - phoning up the university will not chenge their decision or your results so just wait until results day and see what happens :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest