The Student Room Group

EdExcel Further Additional Chemistry (Triple) C3 Exam Wednesday 17th June 2015

Scroll to see replies

I wrote it is mixed with other elements so less concentration so it's safer.
what did everyone put for why esters are safe to use in sweets??
Original post by sumaiyahali7

Can someone explain total internal reflection ? and can someone also explain thier use in optical fibres
TIR jus when the angle of incidence is greater than the critical angle so all light is reflected , opticals fibres are you used in keyhole surgery
Reply 164
P3 thread: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3409383&p=57162133
Original post by LordMalek
TIR jus when the angle of incidence is greater than the critical angle so all light is reflected , opticals fibres are you used in keyhole surgery
Original post by Pure class
Can someone explain total internal reflection ? and can someone also explain thier use in optical fibres

Total internal reflection is when the angle of incidence is greater than the critical angle, meaning no light passes out of the medium, its all internally reflected..

Optical fibres works because of total internal reflection as the light waves are reflected off the inner core of the glass/ plastic. The wave enters one end of the plastic and is repeatedly reflected until it emerges at the other end.

hope this helped and you got it in time for the exam!! Good luck
Original post by The Awakening
sorry, but nobody in the room cared at all that I came late. I came in quietly, abruptly and made sure not to disturb anyone. Everyone was too sucked in on the complexity of the test to notice that I was even late in the first place.

long story short, nobody cares bro:rolleyes:

what the ****, it's not like he would have came in like an elephant, and even then i wouldn't care!!
Original post by Jamsin
There was a question at the start that asked abou why ethyl ethanoate was safe to put in sweet. What did you guys say?

It said that ethyl ethanoate is only dangerous in vapour form, and when ethyl ethanoate is in the sweets, it is in solid form (not vapour form), so therefore it is not dangerous. What did you put? :smile:
Original post by sumaiyahali7

It said that ethyl ethanoate is only dangerous in vapour form, and when ethyl ethanoate is in the sweets, it is in solid form (not vapour form), so therefore it is not dangerous. What did you put? :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending