The Student Room Group

OCR ICT A2 G063 23rd June

Scroll to see replies

Original post by kadebeadman
But not all answers are in the mark schemes, if thats you way of revising great, but our teachers at our school don't advise, neither does paul long. I'm not telling you how to revise, just saying what I am doing and what I've been told.

I do see your point though to be honest as they haven't asked every single question in past papers.. Good luck for Tuesday mate
Reply 81
Original post by Tree321
whats the full question?

Discuss the impact of external change on an organisation? (11)
Reply 82
Does anyone have any predictions for the exam ?? I have been told two things that might possibly be on it which are distrubuted databases and mental models
Change management as one of the 11 markers :colonhash:
Original post by S345k
Discuss the impact of external change on an organisation? (11)

Yeah your on the right lines, check the jun 2010 paper x
Reply 85
Tbh as long as any diagrams dont come up im happy tbh I hate diagrams! not because they are difficult (There not bad) but they take ages to draw. I had 30 minutes to spare in AS and it took me 20 minutes to do an ERD
Reply 86
And I want two 11 markers, Easy marks
Original post by S345k
Tbh as long as any diagrams dont come up im happy tbh I hate diagrams! not because they are difficult (There not bad) but they take ages to draw. I had 30 minutes to spare in AS and it took me 20 minutes to do an ERD

Can you help me with 6a, on the jan 2011 paper. i dont get it, its and ERD

Tables- booking - 1:M
Booking - Customer - 1:M
Original post by S345k
And I want two 11 markers, Easy marks

Can you help me with them!
Reply 89
Original post by Tree321
Can you help me with them!

They are really easy trust me Plan first do

+ and - (Only do 1 positive and negative! its quality not quantity as you need to develop point)

The structure is

Intro (Show examiner you understand question only a few lines)

Bring in technology/Point
Short term positive impact of technology/Point on business (Or who ever is in the question)
Long term positive consequence of technology/Point on business

Short term Negative impact of technology/Point on business (Or who ever is in the question)
Long term Negative consequence of technology/Point on business

Overall conclusion (Is the impact positive or negative? in your opinion then compare your points and why you think it was positive or negative)

11 marks Easy (Although they can mark you down for subordinate clauses)
Reply 90
Original post by Tree321
Can you help me with 6a, on the jan 2011 paper. i dont get it, its and ERD

Tables- booking - 1:M
Booking - Customer - 1:M

Im terrible with ERD tbh, Hate them doubt they will come up in A2. THey were examined in AS so its really unlikely it will come up tbh
Reply 91
Does anyone know any developments in hardware? i can't think of anything!
Original post by S345k
They are really easy trust me Plan first do

+ and - (Only do 1 positive and negative! its quality not quantity as you need to develop point)

The structure is

Intro (Show examiner you understand question only a few lines)

Short term positive impact of technology/Point on business (Or who ever is in the question)
Long term positive consequence of technology/Point on business

Short term Negative impact of technology/Point on business (Or who ever is in the question)
Long term Negative consequence of technology/Point on business

Overall conclusion (Is the impact positive or negative? in your opinion then compare your points and why you think it was positive or negative)

11 marks Easy (Although they can mark you down for subordinate clauses)

thanks x
Original post by S345k
Im terrible with ERD tbh, Hate them doubt they will come up in A2. THey were examined in AS so its really unlikely it will come up tbh

oh okay dw x
Reply 94
How many points would you do for a 11 marker. My teacher suggested 4 or 5 which in my opinion is too many...

Anyone who does a level business will find the Critcal Path Analysis questions very annoying. I got marked wrong for writing about the Critical Path and Float times, and drawing it in the proper way that we learnt in business 👎
Reply 95
BTW the way I'm revising is going through every past paper and writing down answers and questions I'm unsure on. Revision books are so vague and it's shocking that they're written by the exam board. The mark schemes are so focused for this exam it's better to just avoid the waffle!

Could someone explain that predictions grid to to me as I don't quite understand it
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 96
Does anyone have a copy of last years paper and Mark scheme? Not on the OCR website
Can someone summarise everything in chapter three I find it so hard to learn

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 98
How did all you guys do on this years coursework? Absolute bitch wasn't it. Much worse than this exam. So tedious. My teacher predicted I got 52/60 which isn't bad I guess!
Original post by j1997j
How did all you guys do on this years coursework? Absolute bitch wasn't it. Much worse than this exam. So tedious. My teacher predicted I got 52/60 which isn't bad I guess!

Preferred the coursework ... got 76

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending