The Student Room Group

AQA GCSE/Level 2 qualification in Further Maths UNOFFICIAL MARK SCHEME

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Logger
you had to simplify the fraction
numerator was 2x-12 = 2(x-6)
the (x-6) canceled with the denominator

Oh yeah thanks remember now 😊. Ive guessed 79% on that test... thoughts on A^ boundary? Feel like I need to a fair bit better on paper 2 as that test went badly, but a lot seem to think they did badly too....
Reply 21
Im not sure i think the A^ will still be around 56/7
5a was one mark and 5b was two if thats helpful
For question 16 how many marks do u think I will get for factorising just the denominator as I couldn't do anymore and I think it was out of 5
Question 9 was 4/5 marks I think
Could someone please send me the paper?? Thanks in advance. :smile:
I think I only got a few marks for correct answers. :frown:
I think the rest of my marks were for the method because I went too quickly. I probably got around 30.
Does anyone have any predictions for the next exam?
Reply 27
Do you guys remember question 12? I'm starting to think I missed it out cos I don't remember getting 16x/another number :/
Reply 28
Original post by el Brah
Do you guys remember question 12? I'm starting to think I missed it out cos I don't remember getting 16x/another number :/

Yh it was make y the subject of the equation
Reply 29
Original post by Logger
Yh it was make y the subject of the equation

Cheers bro, I remember it now :smile: the one with the square root, yeah I got that answer. Phew :banana::ms:you saved me bro. Followed you, tried repping you but i've reached my limit lmao :h:
Original post by WhiteScythe
All looks correct to me -good job!

What was q16 again?

Awesome mark scheme, think I got around 55-60, much better than I expected :biggrin:
Question 1 and 3 are 2 marks if u want to add this to the mark scheme
Original post by ReeJess99
All right, fairs :smile: How did you find it ( the exam, not the mark scheme :wink: )?

How did you remember EVERY SINGLE QUESTION :redface:

Your either a genius or you have the copy of the paper. or both.

So, if you`ve got a copy of the paper, mind posting it on here if your allowed? :wink:
Original post by Logger
I thought it went good even though almost 90% of people said it was ridiculously hard.
Ill give you the rep too, wasn't trying to steal it, just know many wanted it asap

Okay haha you can have rep too for sharing you seem kind 😂😂
Original post by Mastermind1000000
What was q16 again?

Awesome mark scheme, think I got around 55-60, much better than I expected :biggrin:

You had to factorise fully to simplify it and can u say the marks for each question as you know how many u got all together thanks
I did this paper today but was so stuck on question 5 because I forgot what the co efficient was! Does anyone know how to work that question out? Thanks!
What was question 4b? And what were q7, 10a and 10b worth?
Original post by Bobby21231
You had to factorise fully to simplify it and can u say the marks for each question as you know how many u got all together thanks

I`m guessing my marks from the questions I think I got wrong. I checked all the questions I think I got wrong in the exam and added up there marks. I got nothing wrong in this exam that I thought that I got right according to this markscheme, so I just took the number I counted in the exam off of 70. EXCEPT, i did better than expected because a 4 mark q i thought I got wrong was actually correct, so I got more marks than I expected. ic ant remember the marks for each q, only my overal estimated score.
Original post by Student379
I did this paper today but was so stuck on question 5 because I forgot what the co efficient was! Does anyone know how to work that question out? Thanks!

Yeah this happened to me I had no idea what it was
Oh ok then :smile:
Original post by Mastermind1000000
I`m guessing my marks from the questions I think I got wrong. I checked all the questions I think I got wrong in the exam and added up there marks. I got nothing wrong in this exam that I thought that I got right according to this markscheme, so I just took the number I counted in the exam off of 70. EXCEPT, i did better than expected because a 4 mark q i thought I got wrong was actually correct, so I got more marks than I expected. ic ant remember the marks for each q, only my overal estimated score.

Quick Reply

Latest