The Student Room Group

AQA GCSE/Level 2 qualification in Further Maths UNOFFICIAL MARK SCHEME

Partial mark scheme
1)) 12,-14 (2 marks)
2)) Q, R, P, S. The pair was P and S. (5 marks)
3)) X>or equal to 1/10 (2 marks)
4a)) Dy/dx= 2x-5
4b)) P= (3,-6)
5a)) K=-2 (1 mark)
5b)) The coefficient of x= -7 (2 marks)
6)) Balls question: x=25
7)) A=3, b=1, c=2, d=7 (3 marks)
8)) 2/ (x+4)
9)) Matrices question: a=2/5 b=3/5 (5 marks)
10a)) -2/3 <x<2
10b)) y=1/5x -11/5
11)) –x^2 for -1<x<2 ; -4 for 2<x<3 ; 4x-16 for 3<x<4 (where I’ve put <, it should be an < or equal to)
12)) 16x/ (3x-16)
13)) a=-5, b=30
14)
15 a)two tangents = isosceles triangle (2 marks)
b) prove it (3 marks)
16)) x^2 / (x+2) (x-1)
17))

Tell me what to add as it isn't complete (Thanks to ReeJess99) - give a rep to them
(edited 8 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Logger
Partial mark scheme
1)) 12,-14
2)) Q, R, P, S. The pair was P and S.
3)) X>or equal to 1/10
4a)) Dy/dx= 2x-5
4b)) P= (3,-6)
5a)) K=-2
5b)) The coefficient of x= -7
7)) A=3, b=1, c=2, d=7
8)) 2/ (x+4)
9)) Matrices question: a=2/5 b=3/5
10a)) -2/3 <x<2
10b)) y=1/5x -11/5
11)) –x^2 for -1<x<2 ; -4 for 2<x<3 ; 4x-16 for 3<x<4 (where I’ve put <, it should be an < or equal to)
12)) 16x/ (3x-16)
13)) a=-5, b=30
14) surd 108 + surd 9815 a +b) circle question. I wrote some rubbish for part b,but for the first bit, I said that they shared a point and side, so it was an isosceles triangle, therefore, both angles were b.
16)) x^2 / (x+2) (x-1)
17)) 1 + sinx / 1- sin x = LHS (1= sin^2 x + cos^2x)
LHS = sin^2 x + cos^2x +sin^2 x / sin^2 x + cos^2x –sin^2 x
LHS= 2 sin^2 x + cos^2x / cos^2x
LHS= 2 sin^2 x/ cos^2x + cos^2x/ cos^2x (tanx= sinx/cosx)
LHS= 2tan^2x + 1

Tell me what to add as it isn't complete

You ripped off my mark scheme!
Reply 2
Yes sorry was going to say;
shout out to ReeJess99 for making this
moved it so more people could see rather than the 10-15 on the other forum
Thank you! That's put my mind at rest a bit because I came out of the exam hall thinking I'd failed completely, but looking through your answers maybe I didn't do quite as badly as I thought... (hopefully)
Any predictions for Friday? I'm thinking trig because there wasn't any today. And maybe some more differentiation.
Original post by Logger
Yes sorry was going to say;
shout out to ReeJess99 for making this
moved it so more people could see rather than the 10-15 on the other forum

All right, fairs :smile: How did you find it ( the exam, not the mark scheme :wink: )?
Original post by ReeJess99
You ripped off my mark scheme!

I was thinking that!!! Haha don't worry I'll give you the rep not him/her
Original post by #sarahsmith2
I was thinking that!!! Haha don't worry I'll give you the rep not him/her

That wasn't the issue, it was the principle of the matter. Anyway, they apologised, so it doesn't matter :smile:
That wasn't the issue, it was the principle of the matter. Anyway, they apologised, so it doesn't matter :smile:

I know haha just thought you'd like it anyway 😊😂
Original post by #sarahsmith2
I know haha just thought you'd like it anyway 😊😂

I didn't mean for it to sound as if i'm snapping at you :smile: How do you reckon it went?
Reply 9
I thought it went good even though almost 90% of people said it was ridiculously hard.
Ill give you the rep too, wasn't trying to steal it, just know many wanted it asap
Original post by Logger
I thought it went good even though almost 90% of people said it was ridiculously hard.
Ill give you the rep too, wasn't trying to steal it, just know many wanted it asap

Noooo that's really not the issue- just forget about it- i have ascertained that you're not a thief and am satisfied w/ your explanation. :smile: Same- the only question that I was really uncomfortable on was the circle theorem- I have never seen such a complicated one! What do you think is going to come up on the calculator on Friday? I think definitely some trig and stuff to do with Pi . Ree :smile:
Reply 11
Noooo that's really not the issue- just forget about it- i have ascertained that you're not a thief and am satisfied w/ your explanation. :smile: Same- the only question that I was really uncomfortable on was the circle theorem- I have never seen such a complicated one! What do you think is going to come up on the calculator on Friday? I think definitely some trig and stuff to do with Pi . Ree :smile:

Yh the dreaded trig didn't come up so its likely to on friday
Maybe it's just my phone but I'm quite sure the answer to surds question was not root 9815 haha. Maybe its a typo but it should be root 98.
Edit: it's just me.
Edit two, I think people are going to get confused if you say 1/5x for the tangent to the circle question (12? I think), so you should probably write x/5
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Logger
Partial mark scheme
1)) 12,-14
2)) Q, R, P, S. The pair was P and S.
3)) X>or equal to 1/10
4a)) Dy/dx= 2x-5
4b)) P= (3,-6)
5a)) K=-2
5b)) The coefficient of x= -7
7)) A=3, b=1, c=2, d=7
8)) 2/ (x+4)
9)) Matrices question: a=2/5 b=3/5
10a)) -2/3 <x<2
10b)) y=1/5x -11/5
12)) 16x/ (3x-16)
13)) a=-5, b=30
14)
15 a +b) circle question. I wrote some rubbish for part b,but for the first bit, I said that they shared a point and side, so it was an isosceles triangle, therefore, both angles were b.
16)) x^2 / (x+2) (x-1)
17))

Tell me what to add as it isn't complete (Thanks to ReeJess99) - give a rep to them

All looks correct to me -good job!
Reply 14
What was qu 8? Know my answers for every other question but that
Is it complete now or not and thanks for doing it logger/reejess99
Reply 16
Original post by Massoom
What was qu 8? Know my answers for every other question but that

you had to simplify the fraction
numerator was 2x-12 = 2(x-6)
the (x-6) canceled with the denominator
Reply 17
Original post by Bobby21231
Is it complete now or not and thanks for doing it logger/reejess99

Yes this is the correct Mark scheme. Just need the marks per question, could people post them if known
Thank you all who contributed to making this! x
anyone have any idea how many marks I would lose for not putting <with equal sign on all of the symbols? and how many marks I would lose for leaving the surd question as 6root3, add 7root3? thanks!! this is fab
Question 1 and 3 are both worth 2 marks each If this is helpful

Quick Reply

Latest