The Student Room Group

Psychology at Middlesex or roehampton university?

Should I study psychology at middlesex or roehampton?
I am faced with exactly the same choice (except i am going to 2nd year because i completed my 1st year of BSc Psychology at Leeds Met)!

About Roehampton: from my research Roehampton has overall better reputation than Middlesex. I have been on the Open Day and i absolutely loved the campus! No wonder it is ranked as the most modern university in London! The area is very green and central London is like 20 min away by tube. In short, the location is sick and the uni has this nice community feel. Another advantage is the contact hours at Roehampton. It's about 9000 students compared to about 19000 at Middlesex!

Unfortunately, i can't really say anything about Middlesex campus because i have not made it to the Open Day. But from what i have seen on videos and heard from people who have seen it, it also looks great and modern but i don't know about the area. I have seen in student rooms' comments that it is quite isolated. At Middlesex you can do a placement in settings of your preference (e.g. clinical, education etc) between 2nd and 3rd years (but you have to apply and it's competitive as you might imagine!). Also if you are studying BSc Psychology with Counselling you can study a part of your degree at their campus in Mauritus! At Middlesex they do student exchanges, internships, erasmus programmes etc. So i think it's better in terms of employability prospects for Psychology.

That's what i can say.... I am struggling with this choice too. Best of luck! Hope you will make a wise decision!
Roehampton!
Original post by mmt1997
Roehampton!

Do/did you study at Roehampton? Psychology? Why do you think Roehampton is a better choice? Thanks :smile:
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Darya Sinusoid
Do/did you study at Roehampton? Psychology? Why do you think Roehampton is a better choice? Thanks :smile:

I know a few people who study at both of the 2 unis. The people at Roehampton seem to be more happy with their courses!

Quick Reply

Latest