The Student Room Group

University with a long term health condition

Scroll to see replies

Original post by claireestelle
its only if you re jus starting uni apparently as they recon due to vacinations 20 years ago being a certain type but after sept 1995 being different, if you are older than 20 then they dont think we d need it

Oh ok, I am 24 and have finished uni, so probably don't need it :tongue:
For me, it really helped having a couple of flatmates I could rely on to know what to do if I had an attack. I get pneumonia fairly often, and when one bought triggered a huge attack - my first away from home - it was unbelievably reassuring to have someone stay up with me while I was waiting for the ambulance. She even called 111 when I was too breathless to talk. It also helped that I lived with student nurses. I made my friends aware that I couldn't be around cigarette smoke, and they were really supportive, always went away from me to smoke. People generally respond better than you might worry - although I did have one flatmate whose only concern about me having an ambulance was that it woke her up when the door slammed...
Original post by kelseyckelsey96
For me, it really helped having a couple of flatmates I could rely on to know what to do if I had an attack. I get pneumonia fairly often, and when one bought triggered a huge attack - my first away from home - it was unbelievably reassuring to have someone stay up with me while I was waiting for the ambulance. She even called 111 when I was too breathless to talk. It also helped that I lived with student nurses. I made my friends aware that I couldn't be around cigarette smoke, and they were really supportive, always went away from me to smoke. People generally respond better than you might worry - although I did have one flatmate whose only concern about me having an ambulance was that it woke her up when the door slammed...

good flatmates can really help especially ones that have first aid training:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest