The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

how much does GSCE results effect getting an offer from LSE?

basically i did my gsce equivalent when i went to boarding school in india and then i came back and did 5 normal gcses in a fast track course. (literally in 9 months). i got ABBBB. i did the basic maths and sciences and english. i was wondering if my gcse results effect me getting an offer. Also my indian gcses are accepted here but i didnt do amazing. apparently they are most likely to accept people with like 10A*...
i know i will meet the a level requirements that the course i want to do wants.
Reply 1
Unfortunately I'd have to say yes. At least from when I applied back in 2010, LSE were known for looking at GCSEs - I had 2 Bs but the rest A*s and As but didn't get an offer from LSE in Acc. & Finance, but got offers from 4 other top universities (Warwick, Bath, Loughborough, Southampton). It might have changed now though depending on your A level results.
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Reply 2
I personally didn't do GCSEs (different curriculum), but I saw a lot of people this year getting rejected with 7+ A*s. There were people who had lower grades and got an offer, but proportionately they were significantly fewer (again, of those that I saw).

LSE is truly like a lottery, so you should apply if you really want to: just make sure your PS is *stellar*!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending