The Student Room Group

Nick Grimshaw and Rita Ora are officially joining The X Factor judging panel

It’s been confirmed that Nick Grimshaw and Rita Ora are officially joining The X Factor judging panel.
What do you guys think?
Reply 1
Nick Grimshaw l0l
Reply 2
Original post by K.C
Nick Grimshaw l0l

I know. And while I can sort of understand him being chosen, it’s a bit of an odd choice as he hosts the BBC Radio 1 Breakfast Show. I wonder if the BBC will prevent him from talking about X Factor on his radio show as its their direct Strictly Come Dancing rival. And, presumably, Rita Ora will leave BBC’s The Voice too. I can’t see the BBC thinking any of this is anything but bad news for them.
(edited 8 years ago)
I'm quite confused to why they decided to pick Nick Grimshaw, he doesn't have any experience in the music industry and ITV must has given Rita Ora a very good deal for her to switch from The Voice to X factor . It was predictable that Cheryl will return, but haha no Louis Walsh
Nick Grimshaw?!?

And Rita Ora should have stayed on The Voice :rolleyes:
What happened to the rumours of Zayn, Niall and Liam from One Direction being judges on X Factor?
Reply 6
Original post by kickboxer 98
What happened to the rumours of Zayn, Niall and Liam from One Direction being judges on X Factor?

I never even heard those rumours, but that was never going to happen.
What is the deal with Nick Grimshaw? He's painfully talentless. Isn't his stint on the Radio 1 breakfast show haemorrhaging listeners? The guy needs LESS air time, not more publicity
According to this Guardian piece he's shed 1.24m listeners from the breakfast show

http://www.theguardian.com/media/2015/jun/10/nick-grimshaw-radio-1-bbc-spotify-apple-music

Surely that's unsustainable and he'll be out of a job soon. Remember when everyone hated on Sara Cox and she quickly got moved to a new slot?
this show needs to end and quickly, we can't have our youngsters growing up thinking this is what they want to do
(a 5-year-old that watched the first series is now eligible to take part)
Reply 10
Remember when Cowell said Rita Ora wasn't big enough to be a judge when she went on the Voice? Lol. And Grimshaw offers NOTHING.
I loved Rita Ora on the voice (apparently they might be putting Nicole Scherzinger might be taking her place? Ugh.) :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I think it was a big mistake not having Mel B back on the judging panel. As much as Louis is an X Factor legend, I understand that his comments over the weeks and years are super repetitive "you look/sound like a young..." "you're a ready made pop star" "you're world class and you're going to sell loads of records" etc etc.

Terrible idea having Nick Grimshaw as a judge! He's a Radio 1 DJ, what does he know about the music industry with regards to singing techniques/ability and song choices? They should've got rid of Cheryl too and had Simon, along with Mel B, Dannii Minogue (I really liked her as a judge) and someone like Robbie Williams.
Reply 13
I still wanted Gary Barlow to come back and see a good feud/banter with Simon Cowell on the same panel.

I think Nick Grimshaw is good (but strange choice) but i question why Rita Ora has joined and left the Voice (I suspect the pay was too good to resist)

Louis Walsh had to leave, he stopped being normal and started acting retarded after series 5, If you watch the first/second series of X Factor, he had sense and could challenge/fight Cowell on the acts but i doubt anyone would remember that lol.
(edited 8 years ago)
I think it is the best panel they've had in a long time, so glad Louis is gone!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest