The Student Room Group

When can I defer my university place? Is there a chance it could be too late?

I've received my university offers and have confirmed my firm choice and my back up choice and I have also had a quote from student finance of what I am entitled to.

I have now decided that I would like to have a gap year and work for a year and start my photography business before I go to university in September. I am aware that I have to ring up each university individually. When should I ring up? Should I do it once I've got my results from my final year in photography? Also, I re-sat my GCSE English this year and I do not get my results for that until 20th August. Do I ring my firm choice once I have received both results or do I ring them up now to let them know?
Original post by alicemarie_xo
I've received my university offers and have confirmed my firm choice and my back up choice and I have also had a quote from student finance of what I am entitled to.

I have now decided that I would like to have a gap year and work for a year and start my photography business before I go to university in September. I am aware that I have to ring up each university individually. When should I ring up? Should I do it once I've got my results from my final year in photography? Also, I re-sat my GCSE English this year and I do not get my results for that until 20th August. Do I ring my firm choice once I have received both results or do I ring them up now to let them know?

If you definitely know now, then call them now. There's no reason to delay and it helps the university plan their clearing spaces. If they allow you to defer, they will get your A level results automatically but you need to send them your GCSE results as soon as you get them. They will not confirm your place until they have received it, a week after the A level results.

Quick Reply

Latest