The Student Room Group

AQA AS Maths Decision 1 MD01 Unofficial Mark Scheme

Scroll to see replies

Original post by medicine71012
How hard was it to get 70+ in the 2015 paper for those who sat it at the time and have any of you got useful revision material that could be useful for me?

I made a stupid mistake by finding a point outside the feasible region on the last question and got 69/75 so I wouldn't have said it was too difficult; a few people at my college got 100ums.
Original post by HistoryStudent1
I made a stupid mistake by finding a point outside the feasible region on the last question and got 69/75 so I wouldn't have said it was too difficult; a few people at my college got 100ums.

Oh really, any advice on how to get such a high mark lol
Right you smart kids. Is anyone able to run me through how Q9 b) works?

Why does this 2x+2y+3z<= 650(4x+4y+6z<=1300) become x+y<=130 when x+y=z

I just did this exam paper as a mock for the upcoming d1 exam this year and got full marks bar 1 numerical mistake and I can't wrap my head around this particular inequality.

Any help much appreciated!
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by ghosteh
Right you smart kids. Is anyone able to run me through how Q9 b) works?

Why does this 2x+2y+3z<= 650(4x+4y+3z<=1300) become x+y<=130 when x+y=z

I just did this exam paper as a mock for the upcoming d1 exam this year and got full marks bar 1 numerical mistake and I can't wrap my head around this particular inequality.

Any help much appreciated!

It becomes 2x+2y+3(x+y)<=650, which goes to 5x+5y<=650, which cancels down to x+y<=130.
Original post by HistoryStudent1
It becomes 2x+2y+3(x+y)<=650, which goes to 5x+5y<=650, which cancels down to x+y<=130.

Thanks, it is actually very simple. Hence a two mark Q.

For some reason the logic feels kind of backwards to me.

Cheers for the response, I felt like I was missing something.
Good lord. I saw this in trending and **** myself because I thought I missed my exam

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending