The Student Room Group

OCR FP2 (not mei) 22/06/15

Scroll to see replies

Pretty much started my revision today :tongue:

I will coast through on working marks :colonhash:
Started revising today. Did 5 papers, got 90%+ on them all, so I'm gonna go get drunk and hope I don't forget it all :smile:
I just hope the polar coordinates question isn't too hard. I still don't feel very comfortable using them.
Original post by Mendeleev
Started revising today. Did 5 papers, got 90%+ on them all, so I'm gonna go get drunk and hope I don't forget it all :smile:
I just hope the polar coordinates question isn't too hard. I still don't feel very comfortable using them.

Nice, congrats bro. Work hard play hard

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by lllllllllll
Nice, congrats bro. Work hard play hard

Posted from TSR Mobile

You got it :biggrin:
Reply 24
In the formula booklet, what are you allowed to substitute into the Maclaurin series and the differentiation/integration formulae for x?
Can you replace x with nx (n is any number) or a linear/quadratic etc function?
Original post by 000alex
In the formula booklet, what are you allowed to substitute into the Maclaurin series and the differentiation/integration formulae for x?
Can you replace x with nx (n is any number) or a linear/quadratic etc function?

Yup!
I am starting revision tomorrow.

Original post by Mendeleev

90 raw, impressive.
flopped fp3 and m2 this year so need to go for 100 on fp2 to have any hope for A*
that fp3 was terrible
Does anyone understand the logic behind Jan 2013 Q7 (iii)

Spoiler

(edited 8 years ago)
Does anyone understand the logic behind Jan 2013 Q7 (iii)

Spoiler

Here's what I did. It's basically the same as you but a little simpler?

Spoiler

(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by SilentPotato

Spoiler

Surely that would mean we're drawing a Cartesian equation on the polar plane?

I'm going to differentiate the equation in part (iv) when I get back just to be sure.
(edited 8 years ago)

Spoiler

It does work. ie I just differentiated the equation in (iv) and the tangent at P is the same so I suppose it's correct. Very interesting and fun problem though

I think I'm going to look at more polar coordinate problems seeing as I am fairly weak on them :smile:
It does work. ie I just differentiated the equation in (iv) and the tangent at P is the same so I suppose it's correct. Very interesting and fun problem though

I think I'm going to look at more polar coordinate problems seeing as I am fairly weak on them :smile:

You seem to understand them better than me, and I'm not worried.

Why does it mean we're just drawing a cartesian equation on the polar plane if we can find the tangent? And surely the fact that you can change it to a cartesian equation in the last part means that?

You got me confused.
You seem to understand them better than me, and I'm not worried.

Why does it mean we're just drawing a cartesian equation on the polar plane if we can find the tangent? And surely the fact that you can change it to a cartesian equation in the last part means that?

You got me confused.

We're not drawing a cartesian equation on the polar plane, it was just the impression I got when I was reading the mark scheme :tongue:
Does anyone have a list of the grade boundaries for FP2 are? I'm trying to work out what the best, worst and average boundaries for an A are.
Original post by BecauseFP
Does anyone have a list of the grade boundaries for FP2 are? I'm trying to work out what the best, worst and average boundaries for an A are.

I dont however I can give you a rough idea of boundaries.

49-52 for an A, and 56-59 for an A* is correct on average.
Original post by BecauseFP

they can fluctuate, recent papers tend to be in the high 50s for an A* but jan 13 for one was at 68

http://www.ocr.org.uk/i-want-to/check-results/results-statistics/
Does anyone have any idea how to do Q9iv) on the Jan 2012 paper?? I get really confused when they start mixing summing series with other topics :s-smilie:
Original post by NoHetero
Does anyone have any idea how to do Q9iv) on the Jan 2012 paper?? I get really confused when they start mixing summing series with other topics :s-smilie:

Write out each term of InIn2 I_n - I_{n-2} and you should find a pattern after a few terms.
Write out each term of InIn2 I_n - I_{n-2} and you should find a pattern after a few terms.

...I'm still not getting it :colondollar: I must be having a brain fart moment, its probably easy, its only two marks! Can you explain it in full?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending