The Student Room Group

Haircuts to make you look older?

Hey

I'm 20, but according to co-workers (quite a few) I look 18 at a push and apparently their 'young' teens look older than me. Is there something I can do with my hair to make me look older?!

Picture above is my current style.

Thanks!
Reply 1
A sleek bob maybe?

Also, + repping on recharge - the style above may be what I want (getting my hair done too :tongue:)
Older normally means sexier or more sophisticated. Even if doesn't actually make you look older or mature. Which might mean a darker shade if your hair is lighter or shorter hair. Like I've seen women do hairstyles like the ones below and say they feel so much more mature.

It's not just because she actually is old but the haircut is very news anchorwoman or politician. It's professional. Hair not flying everywhere getting in the way. Look like you're ready for business.

Martha Stewart has it
Hillary Clinton
Helen Mirren

then there's keeping your long hair but doing professional hairstyles that I've also seen and prefer looking at tbhlike they're bumped and pulled back. Dunno how to search using the name so this is the best I could find

Neater than Kim's, the one on the right.

It's nice.

Whoever she is she looks kinda beautiful tbh.

My bae Aishwarya Rai lol

that's very classy and elegant, no?
Reply 3
Original post by Man.bear.pig
X

I do look older with my hair tied back but my facial features look 100% worse.
Original post by EloiseStar
I do look older with my hair tied back but my facial features look 100% worse.

Ah so then what about the ones ontop. The short ones with the side sweep thing?

Like I heard chubbier or rounder faces do better with long hair to make em look longer

and squarer stronger, higher faces do well with short hair because they could accentuate their features

and pointier or heart shaped faces do well with fringes/a bang to compliment the chin

Women go all out just for a haircut lol

but anyway yea erm

what kinda face do you have and how confident are you?
tbh I'd just keep it like the OP one but make it neater. And then the fringes like make em cut straight across instead of to the side like that.
Reply 5
Ah so then what about the ones ontop. The short ones with the side sweep thing?

Like I heard chubbier or rounder faces do better with long hair to make em look longer

and squarer stronger, higher faces do well with short hair because they could accentuate their features

and pointier or heart shaped faces do well with fringes/a bang to compliment the chin

Women go all out just for a haircut lol

but anyway yea erm

what kinda face do you have and how confident are you?
tbh I'd just keep it like the OP one but make it neater. And then the fringes like make em cut straight across instead of to the side like that.

I definitely have the first, oval face. My cheek bones stick out.
Original post by EloiseStar

I definitely have the first, oval face. My cheek bones stick out.

ah yea I think long faces would do best with pulled back.
cheers for this.
erm first one

wide forehead it says, is that you?

so yea definitely get fringes if you have them already/naturally, and cut them across the forehead straight.
keep the hair parted in two but not all sloppy and crooked like the girl in OP.

Straight straight straight proper sleek like

This could do wonders for anyone.

If you love your eyes and forehead, pull the hair back. Nothing like seeing a woman with big beautiful eyes and a stretched forehead with a pullback.

If not, get you dem fringes.

Cut it or keep it long if you want. Don't dye it either if it's blond or light. You don't wanna look like Mystic Meg lol
Bobs make people look older.
If you just can't get sleek straight hair

then get them loose curl tings like

If you're black and have kinky natural hair you could ermm

well that's different, Idk how to help you with that. That changes everything lol a pullback would do but you don't like those.
Original post by Emily.97
Bobs make people look older.

yea if OP is willing to chop her hair off.
yea if OP is willing to chop her hair off.

Check you out, giving hair advice. Nice choices tho. :tongue:
Original post by MsFahima
Check you out, giving hair advice. Nice choices tho. :tongue:

I like helping and seeing women look nice and OP is dealing with both :cool:
Reply 12
Short hair cut, because as ladies grow older they do tend to go with the typical shorter look. That is why, it will make you look more mature and older. You are 20 though, so just YOLO and be happy. :smile:
I like helping and seeing women look nice and OP is dealing with both :cool:

Such a gentleman!

Original post by MsFahima
Such a gentleman!

haha thanks lil sis.

Quick Reply

Latest