The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
We need reasons to validate this vote. Why was it proposed?
Reply 2
I have complete confidence in the UK rep to do what is required by the position.
Reply 3
Knogle
We need reasons to validate this vote. Why was it proposed?

The reason that was cited is his inactivity of late.
Reply 4
As I pointed out in the SC Forum, Tell me how many votes and polls of late I have missed? I can bet you it in no way validates a claim of inactivity. The very fact that I'm replying to this thread and replied to the other one in reasonable time shows my continued presence here. I do admit my posting has been sparse of late, but you could just simply ask me to make more posts rather than call a bloomin VNC.
Reply 5
Is this second time that this has happened?

Motion of No Confidence in the UK Representative - Passed
Reply 6
Tibia

that was a different person.
Reply 7
Tibia

That was a different UK rep.
Reply 8
That was me, but there was reason for that, i.e. I wasn't on for months, due to broken wifi gear. I personally think this was called too soon, as when it happened to me I got a chance to talk about my inactivity, in a topic about it, which was not a VNC.
Reply 9
Coupla things:

1) Are we supposed to vote IC?

2) What would be the consequences of a succesful vote of no confidence?

3) Can the Secretary General give us some impartial statistics with regard to the UK Reps (in)activity?
Reply 10
Can the Secretary General give us some impartial statistics with regard to the UK Reps (in)activity?
Reply 11
alasdair_R
Coupla things:

1) Are we supposed to vote IC?

2) What would be the consequences of a succesful vote of no confidence?

3) Can the Secretary General give us some impartial statistics with regard to the UK Reps (in)activity?

1) No. This is an administrative matter that requires your personal judgement.

2) An election will be called to determine the next UK representative since the UK is a P5 member of the UNSC. 6+6=6 will still be able to represent another country.
Reply 12
Sounds like a premature proposal to me. What other steps has the SC taken to request the UK rep to improve his activity?
Reply 13
i think we should be given a personal message when something is up for a vote. this way noone can say they did not know there was a vote for a resolution!
Reply 14
singh1987
i think we should be given a personal message when something is up for a vote. this way noone can say they did not know there was a vote for a resolution!

I received a PM for this. Didn't you?
Reply 15
Remember that January is exam time for a lot of Uni and A Level students - it might be a bit premature to call this, considering the UK rep does seem to have at least been voting regularly.
Reply 16
Knogle
I received a PM for this. Didn't you?

yeah but for others we do not recieve a PM!
Reply 17
singh1987
yeah but for others we do not recieve a PM!

I've been conducting an experiment recently. Normally I send round regular PMs.
philjw
Remember that January is exam time for a lot of Uni and A Level students - it might be a bit premature to call this, considering the UK rep does seem to have at least been voting regularly.
Fair point.
Reply 19
We can go ahead with the vote anyway as requested by a representative and determine just how much confidence the UK representative has. :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending