The Student Room Group

Accommodation funding from DSA

I'm going to be a first year student in September, attending my needs assessment next week, I have anxiety and won't be living in halls and have already missed the deadline to apply so will be living in a private flat, will DSA still contribute towards this or is the extra cost only funded in halls? Thank you
Original post by deepless
I'm going to be a first year student in September, attending my needs assessment next week, I have anxiety and won't be living in halls and have already missed the deadline to apply so will be living in a private flat, will DSA still contribute towards this or is the extra cost only funded in halls? Thank you

They only pay the cost if you have to live in a particular type of accomodation because of your disability so if you can prove that to your needs assessor then yes otherwise no
Reply 2
DSA can only be used to pay for additional en-suite accommodation costs from 15/16. The guidance is:

For 15/16 new students who are in en-suite accommodation in a unit where all accommodation is en-suite would not receive a contribution to their costs. This is because there is no standard room to use as a comparison.
Comparative costs must only be given for accommodation that is of the same standard as the one the student is living within the same block.

Therefore DSA will not assist in your situation.

Quick Reply

Latest