The Student Room Group

Should i do chemistry or physics a level

predicted AA in double science and A* in maths so i thought physics but im slighlty better at chemistry at the moment
Reply 1
Original post by youreanutter
predicted AA in double science and A* in maths so i thought physics but im slighlty better at chemistry at the moment

Choose the one you like the most out of those two, otherwise you'll regret taking it.
Original post by kkboyk
Choose the one you like the most out of those two, otherwise you'll regret taking it.

do u do any
Reply 3
do u do any

Self teaching myself physics. My teachrr forced all students doing Biology to learn some A-level chemistry, and I'm glad I didn't take it since I despise it a lot (though some.courses I wanted to apply required chemistry).

Do you know what you want to do at university (if going)? If so, have you checked whether the entry requirements requires one of those?
Original post by kkboyk
Self teaching myself physics. My teachrr forced all students doing Biology to learn some A-level chemistry, and I'm glad I didn't take it since I despise it a lot (though some.courses I wanted to apply required chemistry).

Do you know what you want to do at university (if going)? If so, have you checked whether the entry requirements requires one of those?

what other a levels do u do
and how do the 3 sciences compare to one another in terms of fun and difficulty and how do they compare with the gcses
Reply 5
what other a levels do u do
and how do the 3 sciences compare to one another in terms of fun and difficulty and how do they compare with the gcses

I do Maths, Further Maths and Biology. The difficulty depends on the person (for example I find Biology to be the hardest, then chemistry and Physics be the easiest out of the three).

It is a big jump from GCSE, so I'd suggest trying to rembember what you've learnt throughout the summer, to make the transition a bit easier. Also do start studying as soon as you start.
Omg please don't do chemistry it's really hard compared to gcse - the step up is so much more than with physics. I've done both so Id know

Only do chemistry if you love it and are willing to work for it or if you need it for uni
How difficult you find chemistry or physics really depends on the person! So think about how the two compare in terms of difficulty and especially how much you enjoy them.
Also if you're planning on going to uni, what field are you interested in? As you'll need specific requirements

Posted from TSR Mobile
I am taking Chemistry, Biology and Physics and my favourite is Physics!
Plus BioGrad do Physics courses where you can go for 1 week and complete all the practicals so they are all out the way in 1 week.
I am not enjoying Chemistry as much the jump from GCSE Chemistry to A level chemistry is shocking!

Quick Reply

Latest