The Student Room Group

Geneve as an International Student

OK. I'll get right down to it. I'm confused and I need help. I'm like really confused Cause I'm from the philippines but have "indefinite leave to return to the UK" (or some variation theref) on my Visa. the thing is that I'm going to a trip to geneve in about 2 and a half's weeks worth of time, and my mom keeps wanting to get like proof that there'll be no issues on the airport in going to and from geneve.

Question; Is there any surefire way (like a letter from the swiss embassy or something) to prove that there'll be no problems for me?

Any help is much appreciated
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you’ve posted in the right place? Posting in the specific Study Help forum should help get responses. :redface:

I'm going to quote in Puddles the Monkey now so she can move your thread to the right place if it's needed. :h: :yy:

Spoiler

Reply 2
Thanks, that'd be useful. I'm kinda new to this place :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Agiyuki
OK. I'll get right down to it. I'm confused and I need help. I'm like really confused Cause I'm from the philippines but have "indefinite leave to return to the UK" (or some variation theref) on my Visa. the thing is that I'm going to a trip to geneve in about 2 and a half's weeks worth of time, and my mom keeps wanting to get like proof that there'll be no issues on the airport in going to and from geneve.

Question; Is there any surefire way (like a letter from the swiss embassy or something) to prove that there'll be no problems for me?

Any help is much appreciated

Please see the following link. As UK is not a Schengen member, and Switzerland is not an EU member, you'll need a visa or Schengen residence permit, unless married to an EU national, unless you have a Special or Diplomatic passport.

https://www.bfm.admin.ch/bfm/en/home/publiservice/weisungen-kreisschreiben/visa/liste1_staatsangehoerigkeit/leg_visum/v.html

Quick Reply

Latest