The Student Room Group

Are you ready for A levels and What do you want to study?

Scroll to see replies

Hoping to do chemistry, biology, maths AS and psychology
Reply 81
I'm going to a college to study English Lang/Lit, Geography, History of Art and World Development
I'm absolutely terrified! Knowing that everything I'm doing will make or break my whole future :eek: Plus I'm doing Maths, Chem, Bio and Physics!
(edited 8 years ago)
Going to do Maths, Further Maths, Chemistry, Biology and Physics
Reply 84
I'm hoping to do Product Design, Chemistry, Physics and Literature

Posted from TSR Mobile
I have no idea so I'm just going to wait until results day...
Posted on TheStudentRoom
(edited 8 years ago)
Posted on TheStudentRoom
(edited 8 years ago)
I'm taking:
A-Level English Literature
A-Level Religious Studies: Philosophy & Ethics
A-Level Biology
A-Level Fine Art

As well as a WJEC Certificate Level 1/2 in Latin
:smile::smile::smile:
Maths, History, English Lit, and either chemistry/psychology
I'm taking:

A-level Maths
A-level Further Maths
A-level Physics
A-level Chemistry
Reply 91
I'm taking A-levels in Maths, Further Maths, Chemistry and Physics. After this I'm hoping to study Chemical Engineering.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by GabrielleJoyxx
I'd like to hope I'm ready for my A Levels. I have decided on the subjects I want to study (English Language, English Literature, German and RS). I chose these as I feel like they are my strongest subjects, but also I enjoy these the most. I just hope I can cope with the amount of essays which are required! Also, as I enjoy all the subjects so much, I'm worried that I won't be able to chose which one to drop at A2😁

(I know you posted this 2 weeks ago, but still 😁)
I was in the same position as you! I picked 4 and never knew which I would drop, but I never actually dropped one! I don't know if the workload will be different with the way the new A levels are, but if you really love them all, can organise your time well, and can cope with a bit of busyness and stress, it's manageable! See how you go for the first month, then to Christmas, then to the end of first year. Just play it by ear and don't be afraid to go on or call defeat; do whatever suits you most. 😊
I'm taking:
Psychology
Sociology
Health and Social care (Double Award) Taught as two A levels (Counts as two A levels)
:smile:
Original post by ckfeister
Chemistry, Biology and Physics?? You crazy? You're r soon or later going to realise you either like Physics or Biology..

I'm thinking of doing biology chemistry physics and maths....
I enjoy physics but it makes sense to do biology as I want to do medicine at uni.....
Should I do all 3 sciences or drop one?????
I could do art but I want the best chance to get into medical school
What should I do?????
Original post by hollyy_16xxx
I'm taking:
Psychology
Sociology
Health and Social care (Double Award) Taught as two A levels (Counts as two A levels)
:smile:

I'm doing the same as you except I'm doing Biology a level and only single Health and Social care. The school I'm joining has health and social care compulsory. Are you doing Cambridge technical for health and social care or btec?
Original post by ouatislifex
I'm doing the same as you except I'm doing Biology a level and only single Health and Social care. The school I'm joining has health and social care compulsory. Are you doing Cambridge technical for health and social care or btec?

My health and social is an Alevel double award by Edexcel
Do you know what exam boards your a levels are?
Original post by hollyy_16xxx
My health and social is an Alevel double award by Edexcel
Do you know what exam boards your a levels are?

I have no idea, my school is new and is still being built so I am literately clueless about all my a levels.
Original post by ouatislifex
I have no idea, my school is new and is still being built so I am literately clueless about all my a levels.

That sounds just like my college, my college is new to open in september, so we are the first year 12's in.

Quick Reply

Latest