The Student Room Group

AQA GCSE Statistics unit 1 Higher Tier June 2015 - 18th June

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Turtlebunny
I found it about the same level. Although June 2014 had some harder questions in it, I think ours contained slightly more topics, that required a bit more depth - I hope boundaries do drop a few marks, because my coursework was quite a low mark.

What did you get ?

I think it's the coursework that brings lot of people's grades down.

Posted from TSR Mobile
What do you mean? So it would be 104-80 = 24 - 24 people said Yes to being a badass :P

But then wouldn't it just be 24/160 because its the percentage of the total people in the company who reported being sick - because its an estimate as it has to be representative of the whole population. I see what you mean being 24/80 as its those who answered the question who were selected, but to make it representetive of the entire population, would they do it out of their entire sample, or just the 80 xD - as I said weird question..

There were 160 people in the sample, half are immediately out of the question as they threw heads.
24 of the 80 answered the question, to estimate from the entire sample you would need to double both figures (as you assume the same number of people from the heads group would say yes), so you would end up with 48/160 people from the entire sample (24/80 for each group)
Original post by ScienceFantatic
Hope it's lower lol, I messed the Venn diagram q up, do you think ill get marks for the other questions if my Venn diagram is wrong, but I have the right method ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think you might get a follow through mark or two, no idea.
What did you get ?

I think it's the coursework that brings lot of people's grades down.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I got a low A
Original post by Bobrocket
I think you might get a follow through mark or two, no idea.

It's ok I'll ask my teacher tomorrow

For the judges question did you just work out the arithmetic mean ?

Sorry for so many questions

Posted from TSR Mobile
It's ok I'll ask my teacher tomorrow

For the judges question did you just work out the arithmetic mean ?

Sorry for so many questions

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah, on average Judge B gave 0.5 more marks. Don't be sorry for asking so many questions :smile:
What did you's get for the question with the population pyramid and you had to say how many more females there were than males as a percentage?
Original post by lastminuterush
What did you's get for the question with the population pyramid and you had to say how many more females there were than males as a percentage?

I got 50 %

Posted from TSR Mobile
I got a low A

You still got an A well done... I wasn't told the mark I git

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yea I would really like to get an a* in statistics since I want to do statistics modules for maths at A-level

Posted from TSR Mobile

If it makes you feel any better I wasn't told my grade either :frown:
Original post by Bobrocket
If it makes you feel any better I wasn't told my grade either :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Haha, what are you guys hoping for in stats? Also what year are you in, because I know loads of people from different years do statistics.
Haha, what are you guys hoping for in stats? Also what year are you in, because I know loads of people from different years do statistics.

I'm in year 10.. still aiming for an A* not sure how realistic it is though, as idk what I got in my coursework. What year are you in>
I'm in year 10.. still aiming for an A* not sure how realistic it is though, as idk what I got in my coursework. What year are you in>

11, this was my last GCSE exam :biggrin:
11, this was my last GCSE exam :biggrin:

Awesome, this was my first GCSE exam haha, what grades are you aiming for at the end of your subjects ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Awesome, this was my first GCSE exam haha, what grades are you aiming for at the end of your subjects ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

In an ideal world:

Biology: A*
Chemistry: A*
Physics: A*
Maths: A*
English language: A*
Geography: A*
ICT: A*
Statistics: A*
Business studies: A
English literature: B
German: C

I'm crossing my fingers so tightly for those grades, since I've put so much work in, not just recently but over the entire two years of GCSE! I probably won't get those grades though :/
Reply 76
If I got a B in coursework could I still get an A* overall if I get say 95/100 in the exam. If I don't how much more would I need/if I would get an A* by how many marks?
In an ideal world:

Biology: A*
Chemistry: A*
Physics: A*
Maths: A*
English language: A*
Geography: A*
ICT: A*
Statistics: A*
Business studies: A
English literature: B
German: C

I'm crossing my fingers so tightly for those grades, since I've put so much work in, not just recently but over the entire two years of GCSE! I probably won't get those grades though :/

Good luck, I'm sure you'll get it and why a c in german ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Good luck, I'm sure you'll get it and why a c in german ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Haha i suck at German i would be delighted to get those grades, including a C.

What school do you go to lmao? why won't they tell you the results?

Quick Reply

Latest