The Student Room Group

The A2 Chemistry thread (2015-16)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by baebae
:wink::wink:
lets ace these A2 exams :danceboy:

Yeee :banana:
How did you find this year's chemistry exams?
Reply 21
Original post by C0balt
Yeee :banana:
How did you find this year's chemistry exams?

I sat the international papers.. Unit 1 was harder than usual but manageable, had some tricky MCQ but the other parts were okish while Unit 2... well 80% of the paper was green chem, MCQ were pretty easy yet i still made some stupid mistakes haha. Really hope the grade boundaries will be low :smile:
What about you?:colondollar:
Reply 22
Original post by baebae
I sat the international papers.. Unit 1 was harder than usual but manageable, had some tricky MCQ but the other parts were okish while Unit 2... well 80% of the paper was green chem, MCQ were pretty easy yet i still made some stupid mistakes haha. Really hope the grade boundaries will be low :smile:
What about you?:colondollar:

Oh I did UK paper. Unit 1 had a few weird questions which I didn't like and dropped some silly marks, but overall it was okay. Unit 2 was amazing. All the questions we'd done as homework at school came up :biggrin:
Reply 23
Original post by C0balt
Oh I did UK paper. Unit 1 had a few weird questions which I didn't like and dropped some silly marks, but overall it was okay. Unit 2 was amazing. All the questions we'd done as homework at school came up :biggrin:

i'm happy for you then :smile:
can't believe the results day is so soon...hopefully we'll get As :biggrin:
Reply 24
Original post by baebae
i'm happy for you then :smile:
can't believe the results day is so soon...hopefully we'll get As :biggrin:

yeah ikr! Good luck to us :biggrin:
Reply 25
Original post by Feraligatr
:ahee:

Like the Dinaa's AS Chemistry thread, I've decided to make the A2 Chemistry thread :ahee: to ask questions related to A2 specification.

I've quoted some people who have studied AS Chemistry, though I'm not sure if you are next year. If you're not on the list, please do quote me or tag me on this thread to notify me, it is quite difficult tracking people down. :redface:

Please do note you are NOT allowed to discuss anything related to EMPA or ISAs at all on this thread or anywhere else on TSR. Anyone caught doing so, should be reported :smile:
Examining boards including AQA do monitor TSR and if you are caught and identified you may risk disqualification.

:cookie:
Students :smile: (some of these come from the other list)

Spoiler

Helpers :woo:

Spoiler

Tag me under Edexcel, please!
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by aymanzayedmannan
Tag me under Edexcel, please!

There you go :smile:
OCR A for me too :smile:
Original post by spiritless98
OCR A for me too :smile:

Apologies, didn't see this :colondollar:
You've been added to the list now :u:
Reply 29
So everyone excited to start A2 chemistry?
Original post by C0balt

No hoping my firm and insurance don't ask for a grade in it so I can drop it ASAP

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by C0balt

Nope I hate chemistry but need it for uni so have to deal with it for another year

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 32
Original post by BBeyond
No hoping my firm and insurance don't ask for a grade in it so I can drop it ASAP

Posted from TSR Mobile

Lol why are you continuing with it then? :tongue:
Reply 33
Nope I hate chemistry but need it for uni so have to deal with it for another year

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hahaha which course you want to do?
Original post by C0balt
Hahaha which course you want to do?

Biological/medical sciences hopefully
Need biology and one other science/maths

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by C0balt
Lol why are you continuing with it then? :tongue:

My school says I need 4 a2s as I'm doing FM :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 36
Original post by BBeyond
My school says I need 4 a2s as I'm doing FM :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's a stupid rule...FM A2 is as hard as or even harder than other A2s :frown:

Biological/medical sciences hopefully
Need biology and one other science/maths

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh right
Isn't biology very chemistry heavy at university though? Are you sure you'd enjoy it even though you don't like chemistry
Original post by C0balt
That's a stupid rule...FM A2 is as hard as or even harder than other A2s :frown:

Oh right
Isn't biology very chemistry heavy at university though? Are you sure you'd enjoy it even though you don't like chemistry

I've asked a few people, who study biology at university and no it's not chemistry heavy apparently

Posted from TSR Mobile
OCR A here.

Really going to try this year after getting a B at AS despite getting 100% in most class mocks.
Original post by C0balt

Oh right

Tell me about it... Oh well I guess i will only need an A in it anyway which should be easy enough

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest