The Student Room Group

HELP AQA A2 BUSS4 Exam

Hated this paper, but thinking about it now I did actually manage to mention Porter's Generic Strategies and Porter's Five Forces in both questions and my tutor said you need to mention these in order to reach good analysis and good application?
I answered Question 1 and Question 3.
For Question 1 I mentioned: how the recession hit the UK so UK manufacturers' sales would be negatively affected by this especially in comparison to international businesses, then I put in examples of HMV and Woolworths (I know these don't manufacture in the UK but I thought these were good examples of these), then I mentioned Dyson about how their sales aren't affected by it because they have got a foothold in the Malaysian market and they have a very large market share, and then finally I talked about JLR and their factory in Shanghai and how they produce 350k cars a year and that they have succeeded in the Chinese market due to the fact that China is a BRIC economy and people there have rising disposable incomes to buy these luxury goods that JLR sell.
For Question 3 I mentioned: New entrants will survive if they implement good leadership- included examples with Harriet Green CEO of Thomas Cook, also written about Aldi and how they have thrived even though they are a new entrant into the supermarket sector. Struggled writing about how new entrants won't survive, talked about Tesco as they have bad leadership even though they aren't a new entrant so I think I've messed that up completely haha:frown:

Please can someone give me advice about my answers here? This is as much as I can remember from what I wrote. I need a C in this in order to go to my chosen uni :frown:
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you’ve posted in the right place? Posting in the specific Study Help forum should help get responses. :redface:

I'm going to quote in Puddles the Monkey now so she can move your thread to the right place if it's needed. :h: :yy:

Spoiler

Reply 2
Hi Everyone. Has anyone got the questions from Buss4 ? I am a private tutor and would love to know what the questions were ?
Original post by samperera
Hi Everyone. Has anyone got the questions from Buss4 ? I am a private tutor and would love to know what the questions were ?

The exam boards don't release the papers until next year. This is because all centres use the previous years exam for their mocks.
Reply 4
Original post by alexlou96
Hated this paper, but thinking about it now I did actually manage to mention Porter's Generic Strategies and Porter's Five Forces in both questions and my tutor said you need to mention these in order to reach good analysis and good application?
I answered Question 1 and Question 3.
For Question 1 I mentioned: how the recession hit the UK so UK manufacturers' sales would be negatively affected by this especially in comparison to international businesses, then I put in examples of HMV and Woolworths (I know these don't manufacture in the UK but I thought these were good examples of these), then I mentioned Dyson about how their sales aren't affected by it because they have got a foothold in the Malaysian market and they have a very large market share, and then finally I talked about JLR and their factory in Shanghai and how they produce 350k cars a year and that they have succeeded in the Chinese market due to the fact that China is a BRIC economy and people there have rising disposable incomes to buy these luxury goods that JLR sell.
For Question 3 I mentioned: New entrants will survive if they implement good leadership- included examples with Harriet Green CEO of Thomas Cook, also written about Aldi and how they have thrived even though they are a new entrant into the supermarket sector. Struggled writing about how new entrants won't survive, talked about Tesco as they have bad leadership even though they aren't a new entrant so I think I've messed that up completely haha:frown:

Please can someone give me advice about my answers here? This is as much as I can remember from what I wrote. I need a C in this in order to go to my chosen uni :frown:

All the theory you've included seems relevant - sounds good!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending