The Student Room Group
Founders Building, Royal Holloway
Royal Holloway
Egham
Visit website

Psychology- lower grade

Hello,

I've firmed an offer from Royal Holloway for Psychology. The entry requirements were AAB but I fear that I may have missed them. Can anyone honestly tell me the chances of Royal Holloway accepting me with BBB/BBC?

Thank you.
(edited 8 years ago)
Hi,

I'm in quite a similar position - I have an Irish Leaving Certificate offer of AAAAB for Psychology, Clinical and Cognitive Neuroscience but I feel as though I may have missed out on that offer considerably, my guess is that I obtained mostly Bs and Cs.

I'm quite nervous about it all so it would be really helpful to know if I stand a chance of being accepted still, or if I should begin looking into other options

Posted from TSR Mobile
Founders Building, Royal Holloway
Royal Holloway
Egham
Visit website
Have you checked to see if the course is available in UCAS Extra? If they have available places left, then they are likely to go into clearing. This means they are more likely to accept you with lower grades, rather than somebody that hasn't made a commitment to study there and wants to go through clearing.
Original post by prophetkid
Have you checked to see if the course is available in UCAS Extra? If they have available places left, then they are likely to go into clearing. This means they are more likely to accept you with lower grades, rather than somebody that hasn't made a commitment to study there and wants to go through clearing.

Just checked and it looks like all psychology courses in RHUL are in UCAS Extra! Does this mean we have a chance of being accepted after results day, before clearing opens, rather than applying through clearing?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by bethanoconnor
Just checked and it looks like all psychology courses in RHUL are in UCAS Extra! Does this mean we have a chance of being accepted after results day, before clearing opens, rather than applying through clearing?

Posted from TSR Mobile

It would make logical sense. Clearing is open in July I believe, and sometimes they drop the offer to attract more students. If you have a strong reference and personal statement, then it's likely you'll be accepted over those which apply through clearing :smile:
It would make logical sense. Clearing is open in July I believe, and sometimes they drop the offer to attract more students. If you have a strong reference and personal statement, then it's likely you'll be accepted over those which apply through clearing :smile:

That's great, I certainly hope it goes that way! Thanks for your help :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by bethanoconnor
That's great, I certainly hope it goes that way! Thanks for your help :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

You're welcome, and good luck!
I'm hoping to study psychology this September too, I'll be hopefully living in York :smile:
You're welcome, and good luck!
I'm hoping to study psychology this September too, I'll be hopefully living in York :smile:

Thank you, good luck to you too! I have no idea how close York is to Royal Holloway but you never know, might see you on some sort of psychology venture, haha :P

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending