The Student Room Group

Worried about my uni place!

Hey guys!

After receiving a uni offer from the RVC I've contemplated doing a gap year as I don't think I'll attain the grades required. Can I apply to the same course with the same personal statement with obviously some tweaks based on new experiences I may have during the gap year? Also will they less likely to accept me if I didn't get the grades first time round (BBB requirements)? In addition should I just wait till results day and see if my firm choice or even insurance reject me.Will them seeing my results put me at an advantage if I were to apply e.g. would my profile go on their system or would it be like as if I applied anew with just some new experiences on hand? I'm just very worried about this and I know with a gap year I can do so much better as well as me applying for the same course would show passion for it right?

Many thanks in advance!
BUMP!!
Original post by SklIsMentalAbuse
1) Can I apply to the same course with the same personal statement with obviously some tweaks based on new experiences I may have during the gap year?
2) Also will they less likely to accept me if I didn't get the grades first time round (BBB requirements)?
3) In addition should I just wait till results day and see if my firm choice or even insurance reject me.
4) Will them seeing my results put me at an advantage if I were to apply e.g. would my profile go on their system or would it be like as if I applied anew with just some new experiences on hand?

1) Yes
2) Depends on their own policy, I'd email them just to check
3) Yes
4) Depends on their own policy.
Original post by loperdoper
1) Yes
2) Depends on their own policy, I'd email them just to check
3) Yes
4) Depends on their own policy.

Thank you for the reply!!

Quick Reply

Latest