The Student Room Group

How to confront fear of foxes?

Since last year, I've acquired a sudden fear in foxes and I'm trying to find out how to overcome it. It sounds pathetic, I know, but I've tried a million times to walk past them but when they stare at me I panic and divert. This fear irritates me immensely because it restricts me from staying out late with friends, going to parties, etc.
So, how do I confront my silly fear? :angelblush:
Search up cute/funny pictures of them. Here's one I found earlier:
Reply 2
I was laying in my backyard - a fox came very near me to smell my feet. I didn't realise it was there until I felt something wet in my ankles. I woke up and stood up so abruptly it ran away. They're just like cats...
Where have you encountered enough foxes to incite a fear in you?

Where r u from?
Reply 4
Hunt em'.
Reply 5
Original post by suudsioee
Where have you encountered enough foxes to incite a fear in you?

Where r u from?

I live in London, so I've only encountered with urban foxes. I genuinely have no idea where this sudden fear came from but I suggest its because I kept seeing more of them, idk
Reply 6
Original post by ada.eze
Since last year, I've acquired a sudden fear in foxes and I'm trying to find out how to overcome it. It sounds pathetic, I know, but I've tried a million times to walk past them but when they stare at me I panic and divert. This fear irritates me immensely because it restricts me from staying out late with friends, going to parties, etc.
So, how do I confront my silly fear? :angelblush:

I have a phobia of foxes as well, I still go out late but with the fear of coming across foxes. When I do come across one, I pull out my keys and try to scare them off. I get a chill that goes down my body when I see one. It seems funny but I sh*t myself when I see one.
Original post by Ed's Balls

Made my day :lol:
Reply 8
Original post by JXLS
I have a phobia of foxes as well, I still go out late but with the fear of coming across foxes. When I do come across one, I pull out my keys and try to scare them off. I get a chill that goes down my body when I see one. It seems funny but I sh*t myself when I see one.

It's relieving to see I'm not the only one :u:
When you pull your keys out, do they always run away?
Reply 9
Original post by ada.eze
It's relieving to see I'm not the only one :u:
When you pull your keys out, do they always run away?

Usually the small weak ones do, but the big mature foxes tend to stare for a while then continue on their own business. If they stay in my path, I find another route!
:smile: Just campaign like me to have them all culled where you live!! They're dangerous!!
Anyone can Message me if you need examples!! x + support overturning the foxhunting ban of course!! :wink:)
Find a fox and challenge it to single combat.

Quick Reply

Latest