The Student Room Group

Missing the First Day of Sixth Form

Hi... I hope this is the correct place to post my problem.

Anyway, I'm shortly going on a holiday with my family and we're not going to be back until the first day of school. As a result I will miss my very first day of the new school that I have applied to. I might also miss enrolment day.

I know it's not the best thing to do especially that it's a new school but I can't do anything since we have already paid for the tickets.

Do you think that this will affect me in any way?
I don't think it will affect you, but your parents were incredibly stupid or irresponsible.
Reply 2
Original post by User1214833
I don't think it will affect you, but your parents were incredibly stupid or irresponsible.

They might have been a bit irresponsible but definitely not stupid.

Thanks anyway
Reply 3
I have a friend that actually came back from holiday early to attend his first day.

I found out later he thought it was a waste of time (and loads of people expected him to be in America anyway!)

I don't think it'll affect you at all
Reply 4
Original post by Big Gibb
I have a friend that actually came back from holiday early to attend his first day.

I found out later he thought it was a waste of time (and loads of people expected him to be in America anyway!)

I don't think it'll affect you at all

Thank you. I hope ours is a waste of time as well :smile:
Original post by MA1998
Hi... I hope this is the correct place to post my problem.

Anyway, I'm shortly going on a holiday with my family and we're not going to be back until the first day of school. As a result I will miss my very first day of the new school that I have applied to. I might also miss enrolment day.

I know it's not the best thing to do especially that it's a new school but I can't do anything since we have already paid for the tickets.

Do you think that this will affect me in any way?

Don't worry, not a problem. People are Ill sometimes. Just contact your school to say you miss enrollment.
But a more general point, calm down, you seem very uptight by the fact you needed to open this forum. Think about what a real problem is compared to this. Not having a go but I think you would struggle with a real problem if something like this gets you stressed. So calm down and Enjoy life! :smile:
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest