The Student Room Group
Reply 1
when they cling to u, text u all the time, ask what ur doin 20zillion times a day, want to be with u 24/7...they're the typical signs :smile:
Reply 2
Its all subjective though :s-smilie:

What I think of as 'needy' won't be what you think of as 'needy'. It depends on the person, the relationship, the situation. Its a very vague question.
Reply 3
what about if you occasionally text someone, say once every few days and maybe chat to them pretty much everyday. and maybe ask them to to do things once in a blue moon?
Reply 4
thats not needy, thats a friendship
Reply 5
Definately doesn't sound 'needy' to me.

Mind you I am very close to my boyfriend and like to be with him as much as I can (we do live together mind so its a bit different than some situations) or if I'm not with him I like to know how he is, what he's up to. <Shrugs> Some people would say thats needy, but I say thats just how our relationship works and its closeness.
Reply 6
that doesn't sound that needy to me i have friends which i chat 2 everyday and arrange to do stuff and txt seems perfectly normal to me i would consider needyness if thr is a constant bombardness of questions like how u doin> etc or some1 constantly wanting to be with u like always arranging to go out every other day etc and also depends what costitutes ur chats and how often in the day
Reply 7
well they have gone away :frown:
Nope wouldn't say that's needy, seems fairly normal to me. But then again, what one person may deem to be normal, another might think is needy...
Reply 9
Anonymous
well they have gone away :frown:

What has happened? :hugs:
Reply 10
im a loser who cant keep friends, thats what
Reply 11
Anonymous
what about if you occasionally text someone, say once every few days and maybe chat to them pretty much everyday. and maybe ask them to to do things once in a blue moon?

That's not needy, unless perhaps you act needy the few times that you actually do talk to them.

There are some people, for example, that I pretty much only talk to on msn...but I see them as needy because every time they write to me, there is another drama going on and they're crying to me and if I get up for two seconds to empty my bladder, they send 5 messages like "r u thar? heloooooo! come bak! Helooooooooooooo!!!! I guess u left :frown::frown::frown:"

I dunno...there are ways people can act needy without always being in contact with me.
Reply 12
Anonymous
im a loser who cant keep friends, thats what

Maybe we would be able to help you if you told us more details about the situation?
C'mon I'm sure thats not true at all. Maybe you've just had bad luck. Someone been saying you're needy? :frown:

Feel free to PM me if you don't mind dropping anon status. (Hell I don't know anyone on here anyway!)
When he/she becomes obsessed and becomes a clingy mother****er
I thought this said, how do you know when someone is nerdy :p:
Reply 16
Anonymous
how do u know when someone appears to be needy within a friendship or relationship or whatever.

When they text you alot and appear to have nobody else to text.

When they become very over the top if you have a little falling out.

Being very paranoid if they reckon you dont like them or think bad of them.
Reply 17
i guess people don't like needy people eh
Reply 18
a few of my m8ts i would describe as being needy bt doesnt mean to say i like them any more or less than my other m8ts, infact in all honesty i kinda like them more cus they're more willing to open up if ya like nd discuss stuff and i dont mind going to see them several times a week if they wanted me to..as long as my other m8ts are ok with it nd i have no other plans with them, but evrybodies different - guess im needy friendly :smile:
kylie88
when they cling to u, text u all the time, ask what ur doin 20zillion times a day, want to be with u 24/7...they're the typical signs :smile:

doesn't get much more obvious than that...

Latest

Trending

Trending