The Student Room Group

Primary Education (BA) with QTS 2016

Hello potential teachers! it is getting to the point where everyone is starting to do some research into the courses and uni's they want to take. Just thought we could have a space for us wannabe primary teachers where we could help and support each other? Good luck guys!!!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hi, have you sent off your application yet? :smile:
Original post by LoobyLou12
Hello potential teachers! it is getting to the point where everyone is starting to do some research into the courses and uni's they want to take. Just thought we could have a space for us wannabe primary teachers where we could help and support each other? Good luck guys!!!

It's great to hear that you're thinking about your options for 2016. Have you thought about studying with us? Our next Open Day will be on Saturday 14 November from 9am to 3pm. To book your place, visit ww.bcu.ac.uk/opendays
Reply 3
Original post by carly148
Hi, have you sent off your application yet? :smile:

Hiya,
I am sending it off in a weeks time. I am doing additional work experience so wanted to do that prior to application. Have you? :biggrin:
Reply 4
Original post by Birmingham City University
It's great to hear that you're thinking about your options for 2016. Have you thought about studying with us? Our next Open Day will be on Saturday 14 November from 9am to 3pm. To book your place, visit ww.bcu.ac.uk/opendays

Hello. Yes I have been to your open days and hope to be applying to yourselves :smile:
Reply 5
Hiya,
I am sending it off in a weeks time. I am doing additional work experience so wanted to do that prior to application. Have you? :biggrin:

Yes, i sent mine off a few weeks ago. How much work experience will you have done? :smile:
Reply 6
Yes, i sent mine off a few weeks ago. How much work experience will you have done? :smile:

I have done 10days but gone to different schools. I went to a inner city school and an outer city school. So I can see the difference :biggrin: What about you?
Reply 7
I have done 10days but gone to different schools. I went to a inner city school and an outer city school. So I can see the difference :biggrin: What about you?

just over 4 weeks, but in the same school- there isnt much choice for schools where i live xD
Reply 8
just over 4 weeks, but in the same school- there isnt much choice for schools where i live xD

That's fair enough. You have done loads! I also did volenterring in school to work with the younger kids but that doesn't really count. What unis do u wanna go to? :smile:

What university's you looking at? :smile:
Reply 10
Original post by conestadragon
What university's you looking at? :smile:

My top two favourite are Birmingham City and Sheffield Hallam at the moment. I also like Nottingham Trent and Bishop Grotesste. What about you? :biggrin:
Reply 11
I've applied to Sheffield Hallam, Nottingham Trent and Bishop Grosseteste :-)
My top two favourite are Birmingham City and Sheffield Hallam at the moment. I also like Nottingham Trent and Bishop Grotesste. What about you? :biggrin:

Sheffiled Hallam and Derby University...

Was looking at Nottingham Trent but didn't like the 'feel' if you get me! :K:

Might be seeing you in the near future then :h:
Reply 13
And uni of Derby and Leeds trinity😊
Northumbria - Interview
York St John - Interview
Hull - Interview
Sunderland - Waiting to hear
Anyone else ? :smile:
Original post by ellilou13
Northumbria - Interview
York St John - Interview
Hull - Interview
Sunderland - Waiting to hear
Anyone else ? :smile:

Haven't applied yet still in process..
How much work experience you got? :smile:
Hiya, i sent my ucas away about 2 weeks ago and now i have interviews for edge hill, manchester met, ljmu and leeds trinity...still waiting on chester to get back to me though! anyone else have interviews for here?
About 20 days all together and I volunteer for four girl guiding units one of which I'm leader in charge so quite a bit :smile:
Reply 18
I've had interviews for Leeds Beckett and York St John so far! Got Northumbria soon too. I have had an offer from Leeds but still waiting to hear from York! Has anyone else had an interview and is waiting on a reply?
Original post by 09053C
I've had interviews for Leeds Beckett and York St John so far! Got Northumbria soon too. I have had an offer from Leeds but still waiting to hear from York! Has anyone else had an interview and is waiting on a reply?

I've got my interview for York next week, how did you find it? Any advice?

Quick Reply