The Student Room Group

OCR Physic A G485 FPFoP Unoffiial mark Scheme

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by FummyJr
"positron" for another lepton?

I put a positron as well but im not sure. I marked myself down just in case it isn't but I cant see why it ia not a lepton

Posted from TSR Mobile
Do you think this is enough for an a*? 60/60 on corsework, 50/60 on G484 and 75/100 on G485
Reply 42
Should be
Anyone got a copy of the Newtonian world paper or have a link to a copy?
Reply 44
Original post by sum1random
is image intensifiers accepted instead of contrast material ( i dont take bio so wasn't sure if it goes in blood :|)

For strong nuclear force it said it "travels much closer to b(iii)" and ans is 4...*10^-15 and in wikipedia range is 1-3*10^15 so shouldn't it be repulsive then cause distance is 'much' smaller?

Thats exactly what I thought. Its what the question implies. I cant see why its attractive.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 45
Original post by jcwh97
I put a positron as well but im not sure. I marked myself down just in case it isn't but I cant see why it ia not a lepton

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's an antilepton
Reply 46
Original post by jcwh97
Thats exactly what I thought. Its what the question implies. I cant see why its attractive.

Posted from TSR Mobile

It will be repulsive if you get close enough ie less than 1 fm . I'm sure both answers are acceptable if explained clearly.
Reply 47
Original post by teachercol
It will be repulsive if you get close enough ie less than 1 fm . I'm sure both answers are acceptable if explained clearly.

Right ok thanks i was just going by what the question implied. If it is repulsive will that mean the resultant force increases or decreases?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by randomuser12345
Do you think this is enough for an a*? 60/60 on corsework, 50/60 on G484 and 75/100 on G485

How the hell do people get full marks in the coursework? I got A in all exams, and I'm struggling to get a B in the coursework, got low C and high C.
Teachercol For 2iii if i used the wrong value for one of the Es would i lose all three marks??

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 50
Original post by whyalwaysme??
How the hell do people get full marks in the coursework? I got A in all exams, and I'm struggling to get a B in the coursework, got low C and high C.

Yeah same literally put so much effort into coursework and dont see how people manage to get full marks? Too much help from teachers maybe? Or not enough help from our teachers? ahaha
Original post by coder4
Yeah same literally put so much effort into coursework and dont see how people manage to get full marks? Too much help from teachers maybe? Or not enough help from our teachers? ahaha

Lol probably, my cousin in another school said that the teacher literally tell them what to write and they all get full marks, while I was studying for hours learning all the crap and got a C because of boundaries lol, my life would be so much easier if I had gotten A's in coursework, I'm now sitting on the edge of my seat hoping my A's are high enough to give me an A overall so I can get to Uni, and physics isn't my strongest subject so it's not helping either lol.
Hey teachercol!

How accurate do you think your predicted boundaries can be?
What do you need to get an A*? Like I know for maths it's an average of 90% over C3 and C4. Just wondering what it is for physics. My teacher told me you just have to get over 90% on just one of the written papers but that seems a bit odd. Any help?
Reply 54
Original post by 123456789shizzle
What do you need to get an A*? Like I know for maths it's an average of 90% over C3 and C4. Just wondering what it is for physics. My teacher told me you just have to get over 90% on just one of the written papers but that seems a bit odd. Any help?

270ums in a2 and 480 ums overall

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by 123456789shizzle

An average over 90 in ALL A2 modules, including coursework.
Reply 56
Original post by whyalwaysme??
Lol probably, my cousin in another school said that the teacher literally tell them what to write and they all get full marks, while I was studying for hours learning all the crap and got a C because of boundaries lol, my life would be so much easier if I had gotten A's in coursework, I'm now sitting on the edge of my seat hoping my A's are high enough to give me an A overall so I can get to Uni, and physics isn't my strongest subject so it's not helping either lol.

The chemistry teachers in my school literally tell their students the answers and they all get full marks but in physics we get so little help! and im working my arse off just to pull up the B in coursework by getting high A*'s :frown:
Reply 57
Original post by coder4
The chemistry teachers in my school literally tell their students the answers and they all get full marks but in physics we get so little help! and im working my arse off just to pull up the B in coursework by getting high A*'s :frown:

How it is in my school mate as well. Although my teacher was telling me answers to one evaluative and still failed LOL

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 58
Thank you so much! I think I get 84/100 in this paper! For g484 I think I get 45/60. For the practical I think I get 37/40 Do u think I will get an A or even an A*?? Many thanks!
Original post by Racemic
Thank you so much! I think I get 84/100 in this paper! For g484 I think I get 45/60. For the practical I think I get 37/40 Do u think I will get an A or even an A*?? Many thanks!

A*possibly, just about

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending